Archived Stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
On page 6 of the general target chat a team member was fired for stealing money from the front end till. It goes on to say this person who was fired said they will not have to pay back any of the money. So for you new people let me tell you as someone who worked the front end for many years and saw a lot, DO NOT STEAL. You may not get caught the first time or even the second time but rest assured you will get caught. And target is notorious for once they know who you are they like to let you hang yourself for awhile, get good and comfortable with it. Then just when you think hey this is just to easy boom and also you WILL pay if back with interest and it will be difficult for a very very long time to get any kind of employment anywhere. So if your thinking about stealing or looking like your thinking about stealing don't do it. It's TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT! OK? You got it? Good . Carry on🤑

When I was at Walmart many aeons ago I was involved in an internal loss prevention investigation and it really got me woke in a hurry just how moronic it is to steal from your own employer, when said employer is basically a country in its own right with a GDP to match. The gist of the investigation was them following up after one night when I unlocked the iPod display case to show some punk kid that the iPod displays were fakes, he discovered that the iPod shuffle was the only real one, and nabbed it as soon as my back was turned (shitty lock, wiggled it back open). A week later I was called into the manager’s office and some guy introduced himself as the regional director of LP, and asked me a ton of questions to see if I was going to change my story, and prying to find out if I knew the little bitch ass kid and was playing accomplice. I just repeated the story as it happened and he seemed satisfied. Not that I was planning on stealing before this happened, but seeing them open an investigation at the regional level over a $50 iPod was pretty hardcore.

That’s not even mentioning how many times I saw the popo dragging employees off to jail 👮👮 🚔 🚔 🚨 🚨 🚨

On page 6 of the general target chat a team member was fired for stealing money from the front end till. It goes on to say this person who was fired said they will not have to pay back any of the money. So for you new people let me tell you as someone who worked the front end for many years and saw a lot, DO NOT STEAL. You may not get caught the first time or even the second time but rest assured you will get caught. And target is notorious for once they know who you are they like to let you hang yourself for awhile, get good and comfortable with it. Then just when you think hey this is just to easy boom and also you WILL pay if back with interest and it will be difficult for a very very long time to get any kind of employment anywhere. So if your thinking about stealing or looking like your thinking about stealing don't do it. It's TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT! OK? You got it? Good . Carry on🤑
I heard stealing food won’t get you fired

yep, you may think you are safe, but you are not. they are always watching. you think you are in the clear until you’re not. they know. we move registers so often especially this seasonal time of the year, new people always come in thinking they can get away with it since multiple people will be on that one register in a day.

in my two years i have seen coworkers fired for stealing money, fired for theft, fired for holding clearance for yourself or marking things down to later buy, fired for giving discounts/ or not scanning every item for friends/ family, fired for taking long meals (clocking back in but remaining in the breakroom), fired for taking promo giftcards, fired for making threats... the list goes on and on.

and lots of times it’s someone who is incredibly nice otherwise. sometimes it’s that girl who never really spoke to people (embraced the job) and gave attitude all the time, but the overwhelming majority of the time it is that sweet new cashier or the nervous kid all ambitious to learn the job. shockingly, even the long time veteran tms that everyone likes gets caught and everyone is surprised.

moral: it is safer to assume you will be caught. even if you are that rare one who gets away with it, it is still too risky.

Wow you guys. Thanks for responding. I think it's important that we get the word out (not that we should have to)that the temptation is not worth the consequences. I'll be honest. I never took anything from Target in my 20 yr. career ever. What stopped me? Knowing the shame and guilt I would live with all my life. I have regrets but I will not endure this regret. I was liked and respected and I worked hard to get there. One of the reasons I lasted as long as I did but whether you are pt or making tg your home stay away from what's not yours. Anybody else have stories they want to share?

yep, you may think you are safe, but you are not. they are always watching. you think you are in the clear until you’re not. they know. we move registers so often especially this seasonal time of the year, new people always come in thinking they can get away with it since multiple people will be on that one register in a day.

in my two years i have seen coworkers fired for stealing money, fired for theft, fired for holding clearance for yourself or marking things down to later buy, fired for giving discounts/ or not scanning every item for friends/ family, fired for taking long meals (clocking back in but remaining in the breakroom), fired for taking promo giftcards, fired for making threats... the list goes on and on.

and lots of times it’s someone who is incredibly nice otherwise. sometimes it’s that girl who never really spoke to people (embraced the job) and gave attitude all the time, but the overwhelming majority of the time it is that sweet new cashier or the nervous kid all ambitious to learn the job. shockingly, even the long time veteran tms that everyone likes gets caught and everyone is surprised.

moral: it is safer to assume you will be caught. even if you are that rare one who gets away with it, it is still too risky.

If holding clearance is a terminable offense, there are several ETLs and an actual AP ETL that are guilty. But what can you do? I don't need my hours slashed to 4 a week.

When I was at Walmart many aeons ago I was involved in an internal loss prevention investigation and it really got me woke in a hurry just how moronic it is to steal from your own employer, when said employer is basically a country in its own right with a GDP to match. The gist of the investigation was them following up after one night when I unlocked the iPod display case to show some punk kid that the iPod displays were fakes, he discovered that the iPod shuffle was the only real one, and nabbed it as soon as my back was turned (shitty lock, wiggled it back open). A week later I was called into the manager’s office and some guy introduced himself as the regional director of LP, and asked me a ton of questions to see if I was going to change my story, and prying to find out if I knew the little bitch ass kid and was playing accomplice. I just repeated the story as it happened and he seemed satisfied. Not that I was planning on stealing before this happened, but seeing them open an investigation at the regional level over a $50 iPod was pretty hardcore.

That’s not even mentioning how many times I saw the popo dragging employees off to jail 👮👮 🚔 🚔 🚨 🚨 🚨
Saw so many associates dragged off when I was there.

I tell it at every orientation, the easiest way to walk yourself out of here is to take things that don't belong to you. Just a little tip to the young TM's who haven't gotten a real shit sandwich yet in life... This is just a job. Jobs come and go. For most people, it's just a pit stop. Team members today will mostly leave by the end of next year. When it's time to leave, leave with your integrity. Only you can let go of your integrity at an entry level job. Don't let Target be the job where you lost one of the most important things about you, especially when you're just starting your career.

One thing I've always been curious about. Is eating chargeback stealing? Some guys in my store will cut a box to push, then they will accidentally cut a bag of that party sized candy from Halloween, toss it aside, and then they start eating them and offering to other TMs.

I'm 100% sure that more bags of candy get accidentally cut open at stores that allow this than at stores that don't. It's just bad practice
Yeah. I barely cut the bags inside when I cut the boxes open. It has happened before though. Sometimes I'll just be tired and I guess, and my hand applies more pressure on the box making me cut a little deeper. It barely happens to me. When it does though, some tms will just dig in. After 2 years of employment, I assumed it was ok so I would take a few pieces too. Good to know that it's still considered theft though. Won't be doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back