Stepping down fromTL?

CleanMyBackRoOm

Hard lines Wizard
It sounds exactly how it sounds... curious to hear from anyone who has actually done it... anyone done it successfully? I'm too stressed out to deal with some of this garbage anymore. I survived on 14$ I can do the same with 15$.. -_-

MrT

I know a lot of people who have done it. I would say about 50/50 of them are still with spot after a year. I don't know anyone that has regretted it but i think if you get to that point you've had enough. You will have to transfer stores.

I did it. It's more than just a pay cut. You lose paid holidays, and also aren't guaranteed 40 hrs. Some weeks you can get 20-25 hours.

I was about to get performances out, and stepped down and transferred stores before I got put on a CA.

I transferred to another store 8 miles away. Went from POG TL to BR tm. 6 months later got promoted back to Flow TL. That was 5 years ago.

Do you need benefits? Do you have a family or is it just you?

You can take FMLA for mental health and get Short term disability if you need a break. Spot will pay 75% and you can use vacation time for the rest.

Update your resume. There's less stressful jobs for more money. I quit Target/got out of retail in May. So grateful I did🙏

PM sent.

Xanatos

Starbucks TL
I stepped down from SrTL and was allowed to stay in the same store, even though I knew the code to the safe and everything. A year later, I stepped down from TL and they made me transfer, even after I offered to pretty much do the same job I had been doing before they gave me an extra workcenter. Transferring was good for me though. One year later, a new store opened up and I got promoted back to TL.

lifeblows10

Service Level Exceeded
My former store had two TLs that stepped down from being a TL at another store in the area. One is still with the company, the other decided to move on and go back to school.

It can be done. As others have mentioned, it’s more than pay, though I’d argue that now more than ever before if a TL wanted 30-40 hours and stepped down, because of the company’s change of heart (and the fact that desired hours are a thing) you’d have a better shot now at getting hours.

It sounds exactly how it sounds... curious to hear from anyone who has actually done it... anyone done it successfully? I'm too stressed out to deal with some of this garbage anymore. I survived on 14$ I can do the same with 15$.. -_-
We have had tls step down but they have to transfer to another store to do so. I’m in a metro with like 13 stores so this is the way it’s done here.