Archived Stepping down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the subject? I have seen elsewhere that you have to transfer stores in order to do so, but I've seen TLs stay at their store in the past (although that was many years ago). Are there any policies on this? Thanks!

Wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the subject? I have seen elsewhere that you have to transfer stores in order to do so, but I've seen TLs stay at their store in the past (although that was many years ago). Are there any policies on this? Thanks!
It depends on your SD and field leadership for your area. It also depends why and when you would be stepping down. As far as I can tell, this most often involves a transfer, though.
If you're in that position, your ETL HR and SD are your best resources for options.

I have 2 tl steeping down in the past . They both stayed at the store , and now they are both promoted back to TL

The only case in my experience where the TL was allowed to stay was when I got cafe as CTL. The Cafe TL asked to stay in the store and step down.

One step-down and one significant job change (my store was deemed too small to have an HR ETL) and they both transferred. One demotion and that person transferred.

Thanks for all your input. I ask because I think I'd like to get to a point where I can quietly quit on my own terms (and use my vacation time) without worrying about what I'm leaving behind. I guess the answer is just "it depends."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back