Archived Sticky Situation Regarding TPS Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been training to be a TPS at Target for the last two weeks in hopes that I could work the job during my university which starts next week. However, I'm adding two more classes in order to graduate on time, giving me a 21 credit load that I'll need to focus on 100%. So I won't be able to work adequately this semester.

So I've got a few options;

1: Call HR and put in a two weeks notice. This seems right but frankly I'd feel horrible being trained for two weeks only to leave because my ETL and undercovers are all really cool and that'd be a dick move.

2: Stop showing up and get instant fired, which would be quick but also a shitty move against the AP team. Also I wouldn't want to be nonhireable incase I get a chance in the future.

3: Attempt to get a LOA, which I'm sure wouldn't work since I've only been hired for two weeks.

I'm going to contact HR tomorrow regarding this, but I was curious if anyone knew how this situation may play out. Thanks in advance for the help.

Give your two weeks notice. The store might let you go earlier, but give your two weeks in writing..... Incase you want to come back in the future. Get a copy if your resignation for your records.

You definitely won't be able to go on LOA since you're under 90 days and job abandonment is the worst thing you could do. Your best option is to just give in your 2 weeks. If I were you I'd do it ASAP. Since you're still in training they may ask you to just leave right away so they're not wasting their time training you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back