Assets Protection Shoplifting

I stopped a person from leaving the store with $800.00+ of merchandise. By the time AP arrived, the guest had pulled out a taser and attempted to use it on me.
I was fired 4 days after the incident. I am being punished for having morals and for my belief that "Thou shall not steal" is a good commandment to impart and share with others.
I want my job back. I want my "family" back.
Is there something I can do?

I truly don't remember reading that. Perhaps hidden in nebulous language. I DID know that if they leave the threshold, we are not allowed to pursue them out of the door.

I stopped a person from leaving the store with $800.00+ of merchandise. By the time AP arrived, the guest had pulled out a taser and attempted to use it on me.
I was fired 4 days after the incident. I am being punished for having morals and for my belief that "Thou shall not steal" is a good commandment to impart and share with others.
I want my job back. I want my "family" back.
Is there something I can do?
Basically because you aren’t AP you put yourself and others in danger. You are just supposed to guest service them and take note of time and locations and let AP know because it’s the job they are trained for. Unfortunately there isn’t anything you can do to get your job back.

I am being punished for having morals and for my belief that "Thou shall not steal" is a good commandment to impart and share with others.

the cool part about a job is, they don't have to care about your morals...
they pay you, you follow their rules. don't like it? go get paid somewhere else.

Should've read the rules!

. . . .its literally common sense at pretty much all jobs the munnow doesnt interfere with thieves for that exact reason. You need to get off your pedestral learn your lesson and move on.

I am being punished for having morals and for my belief that "Thou shall not steal" is a good commandment to impart and share with others"

Poverty is the leading cause of theft. Target steals from its employees by continuing to exploit and undervalue them. They steal from the community by putting small mom and pop shops out of business who cant compete with their pricing. You had no problem with that when you applied. Where were your precious morals then? Supporting companies like this is what creates theft in the first place. When corporate greed creates rising costs across the board on everything from Food to essential hygiene products to housing people become desperate to survive. I would argue that if you truly were trying to take the moral high ground you'd have chosen a different job.

Thank you kainswor9170. You're speaking sense and you are probably 💯. I needed to hear that right now. I have been wallowing. I was not attempting to put myself on a pedestal in any way. I apologize if I struck a nerve or sounded pretentious. I should have thought about all of those things and didn't realize how morally corrupt they are.
I still don't believe that shoplifting is a victimless crime. I do believe in second chances and forgiveness. Thank you again and may God fully bless you in all of your endeavors.

A cart guy at a major grocery chain in my town got fired after catching a thief who'd grabbed a woman's purse.
There was a public outcry but every business knows the drill.
I saw a Walmart clerk tearing across the parking lot after a guy who grabbed several watches. She chased him til he dropped the watches, she scooped 'em up & headed back. She got fired too.
A convenience store clerk got fired after he stopped a robbery when he pulled out his own gun. The robber fled but the clerk still got canned even tho it was in an area with frequent robberies.

Back