Archived Still waiting for orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the orientation email over a week ago that I was told to ignore. Called HR and was informed due to a system issue they couldn't give me an orientation date yet. Just wondering if this has happened before or should I look elsewhere?

It’s happened before. It can’t hurt to look elsewhere, particularly if you are looking for many hours, consistent hours, benefits, a set schedule or the ability to have work/life balance. You could probably be working a full time job with reasonable expectations and leadership before Spot gets around to having an orientation. Either way, good luck.

Hi, hope I can give some helpful input to you. Orientation’s sometimes can take a while to be held if your store leadership isn’t responsible with payroll. Our estimated wait time from your background check clearing to orientation is about 1-2 weeks at my store. ASANTS but if a store is at the end of the month or close and over payroll they will probably take some time till start of new month with more hours to bring you on. It’s all about payroll management.

Some team members have told me their wait time before being hired have been 1 month +. This was before I had started HR and personally I would never have any of my people wait that long. That’s not a right way to run the business at all!

Also, about the email. Our hiring system is the same for every store- automatic email is sent with whatever date HR keys in, but is never the actual date. We tell applicants to ignore the email because we cannot stop it from being sent, and nothing is guaranteed until you move to a “ready to start” status from background and/or drug test if needed (AP positions). It happens to every single TM so don’t worry about the email issue, it’s always been a thing since I’ve started HR.

You can always call back and check in to see if everything is going we’ll and if they possible are close to setting up a date/time.

Good luck, and hopefully you don’t wait too much longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back