Archived STL asked me last night if I would be interested in becoming pfresh/ market TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working at my store for awhile, STL wants me to move to market because market is getting out of control. But I've never really worked in market. Our market team only has two competent team members out of five, one of them who's been working at my store just as long has me. I've read some of the market threads and it seem like either you hate it or love it. I'm just not sure if its worth the pay bump and going in there slightly blind with the fourth quarter coming is stressing. But if I stay on the bench I don't know when the next position will be avaible. Worth the hassle? Any tips for a new market TL?

Last edited:
So, TL or not . Tips are not allowed.
If you want to stay with Target and move up, being a TL is the logical next step for a TM. If you are just passing through, its not really worth the hassle.
As for not knowing market or pfresh , you can learn, I mean you learned POG and backroom right? You will get some training and you’ll learn most while on the job.
Its not easy, it’s challenging. You will learn the different aspects of running....and ruining a business. You will be food safety certified. You have to stay on top of your game, otherwise a simple task not completed, can become a project ,in perishables.
As for loving or hating it. If you take pride in your work, work hard, can handle the occasional, constant disappointments. You’ll be fine.
You’ve already read the Market Threads. You know what’s up.

So, TL or not . Tips are not allowed.
If you want to stay with Target and move up, being a TL is the logical next step for a TM. If you are just passing through, its not really worth the hassle.
As for not knowing market or pfresh , you can learn, I mean you learned POG and backroom right? You will get some training and you’ll learn most while on the job.
Its not easy, it’s challenging. You will learn the different aspects of running....and ruining a business. You will be food safety certified. You have to stay on top of your game, otherwise a simple task not completed, can become a project ,in perishables.
As for loving or hating it. If you take pride in your work, work hard, can handle the occasional, constant disappointments. You’ll be fine.
You’ve already read the Market Threads. You know what’s up.
I hate to say this, but if you have no experience in PFresh, and are asked to be a TL over there. Ask to go away for training.

do not. maybe my district is horrible but a lot of really good tl's have a broken process. its one work center that's still learning.

Go for it market is my favorite workcenter so far I haven’t touched produce but I’ve did frozen dairy and I gotta say don’t let the amount of push get to your head just have to get moving you won’t even know when the day is done. Since you worked pricing and backroom you should be familiar with a lot of processes but this time you own the food area end to end all the way. My ETL Salesfloor cares a lot about the market area always look for available tms to help out when double truck. That’s why I liked working in the salesfloor but darn the other leaders blah blah logistics needs more help..

If your already the unofficial backroom tl then you should do fine
As far as fresh goes just make sure your doing daily qmos and pay attention to how long your team takes to push p-fresh areas because unlike gm. You do have to push out anything fresh besides bakery and produce in a time limited so it doesn't go bad before your finished pushing . Like if you decide to bowl out frozen make sure you have your fastest stockers working there because once you hit a certain mark then it becomes a food safety issue

lol what's your struggle recently? I'm just worried about the April 1st (Monday) modernization conversation. Idk if I'll be staying in market. Do you cover SB and food ave too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back