Archived STL making it hard to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Master Thread Maker
I don't even know where to put this. I put in my two weeks this past Tuesday. My STL was really upset. Now everyday since then she practically seeks me out and asks me if I really really want to leave. She says things like she can see me SrTL one day and that if I wanted to stay she would let me. Now I'm conflicted. She said if I didn't leave she'd work it out to give me every other weekend off. She's sucking up to me big time. I love my STL to death and now I just don't know anymore!

You're going to school. How does your desired career path compare to the pay, hours, and stress that a "Sr. TL" receives? They're going to say what they can to keep you. If they're that hard on for you, they'd offer something instead of promises of a future which could change very quickly with management changes.

I think her issue is she's middle aged and has no kids. I think she clings to us cause we're a bunch of young college students and she treats us like we're her kids. I'm still leaving but she did make an awesome comment to me yesterday. We were standing next to the ETL-HR and she went "You know what you should major in? Human Resources!" It was the funniest biggest oh snap ever. No one at our store likes him.

They're going to put the needs of the business before you, keep that in mind. Also, should you really have to quit in order to show them your potential?

Team leads should already have every other weekend off. If you didn't as a tl, you were getting screwed.

She will say what she can to keep you, but remember, she could be transferred tomorrow, and a new stl may not be so understanding. Tell her if you're really that valuble, then to show you in dollars. Talk is cheap.

Team leads should already have every other weekend off. If you didn't as a tl, you were getting screwed.

She will say what she can to keep you, but remember, she could be transferred tomorrow, and a new stl may not be so understanding. Tell her if you're really that valuble, then to show you in dollars. Talk is cheap.
Well then me and every other TL is getting screwes. I work pretty much every weekend. That's another reason why I'm leaving. I'm not changing my mind but its just getting annoying. I'm leaving and she needs to accept that. I've never had anyone basically plead for me to stay. It makes me want to move on even more.

I know we talk about ASANTS, but this is literally the first time I've read about a store where the TL's didn't get every other weekend off. I'd be saying adios too.
There are others I'm sure. The issue is we usually have a lot of callouts on the weekends (dumb college kids) so they schedule us regardless because they're understaffed on Saturday and sunday's. It's not just me either.

TL's don't have every other weekend off at my store either.
I knew we couldn't be the only ones. I think depending on where you are a lot of the time TL's are just TM's who do more shit.

I've worked at a few Spots in my years and this is the first I have ever heard of TLs not getting every other weekend off.

Same here...I have never heard of team leads working every weekend grant it being asants but I thought that was one of the "perks" to being a tl.

Maybe I am just odd but one of the things that jumped out at me ...was the OP saying ( the stl said ) IF you wanted to stay she would LET you...then turning it around that she could see you as a srtl . LET you stay? You turned in your two weeks notice...you chose to do that...so I am not sure as to why she would say...she would LET you stay...kinda comes off like she is doing you a favor or something...when in fact IF you chose to stay you would be doing her a favor ( shes the one dangling the carrot in front of you after all ). To the OP, I wouldn't let the Stl guilt you into staying and I certainly wouldn't assume she was being honest about the srtl thing....I have seen tm, tls do this before...they put in their notice they are told...Spot needs you...We need you ...don't leave...So, they stay and several months later they are wondering why the hell they stayed. You have to do whats right for you don't let anyone guilt you into anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back