Archived Store closings - sad? mad? overeating???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! The very first target I ever went to is on that list!! Macon, GA. I instantly fell in love with target as a store. That is heartbreaking!

Also heartbreaking that so many TMs are out of a job.
The one in Warner Robins will be the only Target in central Georgia, that whole stretch of Macon has seen better days with the mall pretty much gone and lots of other stores closed up.

My store closed almost 4 years ago. I had been with Target for 10 years. I transferred to another store in a much economically better area of my city. I miss the people from my old store though.

Since it was a lower volume store, we were a closer knit group.

But financially, I'm in a much better position at this store. Bigger raises every year. More hours. At my old store, it was always a struggle to get 40. Here, any good worker can get 40.

So it was a double edged knife.

Jeez louise. Matteson and Romeoville IL are losing both their Targets AND their Sam's clubs over the span of a couple weeks.

Hm. That article was from December, before Wally World announced their closings. I wonder if that would change Target's closing plans at all.

Sad that those stores are closing. But I'm not surprised. A few of those stores have pretty bad theft and not enough sales to justify it. The others just have bad sales.

Hm. That article was from December, before Wally World announced their closings. I wonder if that would change Target's closing plans at all.
Nope, that area of town is a ghost town; there's just not the foot traffic to justify all those stores. I think they (retail stores) built out there hoping that the city would build up in that direction it it went elsewhere.

Nope, that area of town is a ghost town; there's just not the foot traffic to justify all those stores. I think they (retail stores) built out there hoping that the city would build up in that direction it it went elsewhere.
Which one, Matteson or Romeoville? I mean, yeah, both of em are in pretty bad shape economically. Just wondering which is the ghost town. LOL

The one in Warner Robins will be the only Target in central Georgia, that whole stretch of Macon has seen better days with the mall pretty much gone and lots of other stores closed up.

That’s sad. It’s been a long time since I’ve been down that way. I used to live in Georgia but I’ve since moved to another state.

Which one, Matteson or Romeoville? I mean, yeah, both of em are in pretty bad shape economically. Just wondering which is the ghost town. LOL
Romeoville. If you've ever been down that section of road you can see what the potential was but it just never took off. Lots of empty spaces and the businesses are spaced far apart without a ton of foot traffic.

By the way, if I go work at that blue store, you KNOW my sorry ass will be back here with stories AND pictures!!!
How far is the next closest store? How long do you think it would be til you could move?

Seniority wise a split tenure isn't the same as a straight one. You'd go back to being the new kid on the block again.

I'm hoping everything works out for you, I enjoyed your posts very much myself.

Seniority wise a split tenure isn't the same as a straight one. You'd go back to being the new kid on the block again.
Seniority isn't really good for anything when you transfer stores. You're still the new kid on the block. The only benefit is keeping your pay, but that won't matter for the next few years as base pay keeps rising.

Our store is closing and its painfully slow.

Everyone is just counting down till we move to our new store

You know, it seems like the only time seniority matters is when it is time to close a store.

A few years ago a store about 12 miles from us closed....we got maybe 7 TMs from there......a couple of them are still at my (our) store and, in the end they've been happy, although closing a store (or any business) is really difficult and painful. There is a lot of sadness and grief that happens.....both with guests and TMs.

I wish all TMS good luck and hopeful futures.....and you never know, wherever you land (new store new job) it is still a great opportunity!! (See...even if you leave, you can't get away from the Target lingo....take the opportunity!!)

Our store is closing and its painfully slow.

Everyone is just counting down till we move to our new store

Yeah, the last few weeks have been so boring and slow. We're massively overstaffed, everyone's getting their hours but they cut off ship to store and we don't get trucks and we have very few regular guests but mostly scavengers bitching about how expensive everything is and where are all the clearance sales? Goddamn mofo, there's clearance, just not FREE.

I get to help liquidate and I'm not sure I can handle that. Three+ years made me love Target and I'm gonna cry my ass off on the last day.

It really hits home seeing posts by TM’s affected by the headlines of ‘Target Closing Stores.’ I couldn’t imagine what would happen at my store if they told us it was closing. Many people there that have been with it since it opened.

Makes me think a lot about Kmart. They used to dominate the area I live in and after this next wave of closing there will only be 2. Our Sears left last year.

As sad as it is to hear, at least the Target headlines are only closing stores by the 10’s rather than the 100’s.

So, 10 years get 10 weeks worth of pay???

How long do you have to be there for that to kick in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back