Archived Store entrance area

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
I can't quite figure out how to describe this, but I'm sure that people will understand. When you enter my store there is an open area between Bulleye's Playground and Team Central.....this open area continues through softlines. In this area our store has started to place inventory/product here. At first it was just a few items, then for BTS there were microwaves and other BTC items.

Now that this time has past we have several pallets and display stuff like pop (lots of pop) and chips and other snack stuff there.

With everything being there it detracts from the view to softlines and makes the front of the store look cheap and messy. I'm wondering if this is just happening at my store, or has Spot decided to start looking more like warehouse and bulk item stores?

I really think that doing this draws attention away from the overall view of the store and it just looks like we've run out of room to put stuff...so lets put it where people have to see it and buy it.

Before I start to question this way of displaying things, I want to know if this is a new practice in other stores.

My store also has that. The best terms I could describe it would be a front of the store end cap since it is literally the first thing you see the moment you go into the enterance doors. I'm two sided about because sometimes the end cap is just filled with bulk of one product(water,soda,chips) but other times they have a theme in mind which I don't fine too well. Presentation wise the theme looks nice but doesn't really sell and just sits there. For example they theme right now is party for Labor Day I am guessing and they have paper plates napkins plastic cups etc party stuff which is okay.

Sounds like the seasonal display that my store sometimes has when we're desperate to drive sales. It's usually situated in front of the wall between the photo lab and RTW. Lately, it's mostly been microwaves, mini-fridges, and other BTC shit that nobody will ever buy.

@pellinore, does your store have iGS? It sounds like a similar set-up to my store, except we have the service desk and photo lab where your Fan Central is.

We have grills in RTW and a display of our local university's clothing items for spirit available near the escalator/stair/elevators at the front of our store.

Spot used to the pallet thing in the old days. Gregg S. Made stores stop doing it. Brian finally listen to stores & figured out a fast way make a quick sale.

We've always had random merch and paid vendor spots up front because we have two entrances and there is tons of available space at the entrance opposite of one spot.

But we have been doing more pallet drops recently per DTL request and the stuff is selling. None of it is in the way at our store (always along a wall) and it looks fine as long as it's kept full and condensed when we run low on the product. I'll have to check out how the normal single entrance stores are doing it.

We started that a month ago. Drop a palate of bounty, pop, water, tide, etc.... sick a standing 7 x 11 on top.

It works so well. We dump bulk freight there and it disappears.

Or a yoga area so the yoga moms can head straight to Starbucks after.

It's empty real estate so why not utilize it? As long as it's kept full and organized, I think it's smart business.
It was definitely interesting to hear our ETL-SF saying "Hey team, can I get a team lift to RTW for a grill?" but with the swimwear gone, there's so much extra space we are able to use!

We always have toilet paper and paper towels; sometimes soda. Pallets are trouble, they just get in the way.

We've been getting rid of so many bulk palates by using this area. Our br steel looks 100% better, and our line is much cleaner

This is one of only a handful of outstanding ideas I've seen during my time at spot

Sounds like the seasonal display that my store sometimes has when we're desperate to drive sales. It's usually situated in front of the wall between the photo lab and RTW. Lately, it's mostly been microwaves, mini-fridges, and other BTC shit that nobody will ever buy.

@pellinore, does your store have iGS? It sounds like a similar set-up to my store, except we have the service desk and photo lab where your Fan Central is.

Yes, my store does have iGS, (not that we use set-up correctly). Things changed when we had our pfresh remodel.

Speaking of "pfresh" why do so many people continue to call it "pfresh?"......especially since many of the remodels are done??

Is Greatland the name for when stores had different "color worlds?"

OK...thanks!

My store has been doing this for a few years. Really helped with sales most of the time we did paper water and soda but during bts we would put pallets of note book summer a couple of grills and sometimes plastic

Is Greatland the name for when stores had different "color worlds?"
A few SuperTs in my district has different worlds I think there built between 2001-04. I did support help and was so lost on what they were saying and what a world was, lol.

We have pallets of water and toilet paper in the middle of the aisle in front of the check lanes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back