Archived Store falling apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like our store the air never works and when it rains they run to get buckets.

Those ceiling tiles if they were the soft ones with yellow backs are made of fiberglass.

Recently two ceiling panels broke in my store. That wasn't pretty. I wore a mask my entire shift and still have a minor skin reaction from touching whatever the ceiling stuff is made of. It fell on top the the knit shop in softlines. So even when I wasn't part of the original clean-up, I touched it accidentally folding some shirts later that week.

Can't find the article right now, but Target was fined by the EPA a few years ago for un-proper disposal of asbestos ceiling tiles, during remodels. Wouldn't surprise me, if they still had them in use...

Those ceiling tiles if they were the soft ones with yellow backs are made of fiberglass.

I don't remember seeing any yellow. Just a ton of grey fluff? (then again it may just be super dusty). It just looked like regular insulation commonly found in attics in homes.

On that AC issue it seem like it would be easy to fix.... they are not, and when your ac goes out there are also a lot of others out too. This same problem happened to our store too. Turns out the reason they dont just replace the AC unit if its really expensive to fix is because you need a large crane to get those heavy thing off the roof and a semi to transport the new one as well as the old one... lol

Hmmm...intruiging...

This might be why so many of us ( guests and team members alike ) are so cantakerous about the weather...

( then again, on front end, you are awfully close to the doors sometimes and therefore subject to the unpredictabilities of Mother Nature... )

They are kept in a warehouse next to all of the Seg-Ways they bought for all the stores.

Who needs a Seg-Way when you have a WAV? :so_happy:

Have you seen our seg-ways there so flashy ;)

5961928897_1f5f8c799c_o.jpg

The TPS at this store just had a plain ol' Segway, not a fancy scooter. At our store, TPS has nuthin'. ;)

n53486.jpg

They are kept in a warehouse next to all of the Seg-Ways they bought for all the stores.

Who needs a Seg-Way when you have a WAV? :so_happy:

Have you seen our seg-ways there so flashy ;)

5961928897_1f5f8c799c_o.jpg

:nah: Oh, that old thang? I seen, I seen.
Sure, it's flashy what with all them fangly lights on 'er, but can she haul up a cardboard haunted house in the fall? A gigantic paper popsicle in the summer? Haul an entire camping kit around the store during an overnight and still have the umph to deliver coffee and donuts at 4am?
Our WAV is ram:tough: tough!

Seggies... :pfft: *patooie* ....are all for show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back