Archived Store hours being extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told for our store (which we are a high volume super target) we were just doing extended hours on the weekends. So, monday through friday, staying the same, open till midnight on saturday and 11 on sunday.

We're just adding an hour to Saturdays (11 instead of 10pm) and an hour to Sundays (until 10 instead of 9). They said it was for fourth quarter but that it could become permanent if it boosts store sales enough.

My store is staying open until 12am on Saturdays and 11 pm on Sundays it was 11 pm on Saturday and 10 pm Sundays. I don't think will last when they realize how much money they will loose probably last a few months and back to normal. I just do not like being out that late I won't get home until late 1am bc I live a half hour away

How is Target going to be able to pay for this? I thought sales had been shitty all year long because of credit card hack incident.

How is Target going to be able to pay for this? I thought sales had been shitty all year long because of credit card hack incident.

Black magic? Sales have been picking up as time goes on but we're still down something like 2-5% overall compared to this time last year (last time I looked up numbers I could be wrong now, sorry) and Target stock keeps taking little hits.

Not even our ETLs have managed to put a good spin on the extended hours--there's one store in our district that will pick up mad sales over this but they're already a high volume store in a big city so it's not going to be any different. Every other store in our district is already suffering so... Our store dies 1-2 hrs before our last closing time so the only upside is we might actually be able to get some zoning done now.

Yeah I can see how team members might be able to get their zone done. I'm thinking that it will take a week or two for customers to adapt to the hour change.

It's literally a store by store basis as to what your new hours will be. Some are staying the same, some are extending an hour every day, some are only extending on the weekends...you get the point.
exactly. the one I work at is staying open to 11 on Saturday and 10pm on Sunday... the rest of the week is 10pm.

We are now open until 11 PM every day except Sunday & close at 10 on Sunday. It's permanent . I've always wondered how we could afford to stay open that last hour. We never do very much business from 9 until 10 I don't know how they're going to pay for us to stay open until 11. Tonight will be my first clopening shift with the new hours ugh!

I'm in Kansas and our store hours were extended from 10 pm to 11pm on Saturdays and from 9pm to 10pm on Sundays. Seems pointless. I suppose we might get a handful of sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back