Archived Store hours being extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting in a couple weeks, my store, as well as other stores in my area from what I've heard, are staying open an hour later. Midnight during the week/11 on Sundays. Has anyone heard about how this will be handled?

Obviously cashiers will start being scheduled later, and some hardlines/softlines as well. I'm curious if backroom TMs will have to stay later as well, or if the overnight TMs will handle guest requests/other backroom duties for that time.

We did extended hours the year before last for 4th quarter and the only difference was that on Sundays we were open the same hours as weekdays, 8a-11p midnight couldn't work well, here because many of us can't extend that far because we'd miss the last bus/train.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....is this for all the stores?
Not sure. A friend at a nearby Target told me a few days ago that his store would be staying open until midnight, and when I arrived at my store today there was a sign on the door informing guests of the extended hours. Not sure if this is just for the back to school rush or a permanent change. It will definitely be an issue for any employee who takes the bus home. When the new schedule rolls out this week, I expect near-riot conditions.

oh no, those late shoppers dont want to know anything about redcards and cashiers are usually to tired to push hard.

this is not for every store. Our hours get extended starting next week but we are the only store in this area that changed.

I think this is area/region specific and probably store sales volume related. Our lower volume store in California is 8am - 11pm M-F, 8-12am Sat, 8-11pm Sun.

We announced this in our store a couple weeks ago, so hopefully their have announced the impacted stores already >.<

Ugh my store is supposedly the only one here doing it. Gonna find out if my change got approved. I don't have any time for that holiday season was bad enough

My store is doing it permanently. Most of our softlines team had quit and they are hiring minors that can't work past 9:30. Our new hours start first of Aug.

The longer hours are going to make all the scheduling interesting during the school season.
None of your minor kids can work that late.
They are going to be burning up the adult staff at a crazy rate.
Unless they can hire people just for the late shifts, I'm not sure how well this is going to work.

I'd prefer to be on a set, late only or early only schedule... But we all know how well that goes over. We don't have any minors to worry about, just older folks that already don't work late.

That said, I cannot see them changing our hours later, but hey, stranger things have happened! (Our pharmacy is cutting hours I saw, that won't go over well for some folks).

It's literally a store by store basis as to what your new hours will be. Some are staying the same, some are extending an hour every day, some are only extending on the weekends...you get the point.

It's like we have permanent holiday hours, we'll be open one extra hour every day. On the other hand, our pharmacy is cutting their hours back by one.
Speaking of holiday hours, has anyone heard how extended store hours will be affected come late November?

Thank god my store dodged the bullet on extended hours. Most of us rely on public transportation and are already pressed against the wall when we close as late as we do.

They won't post black Thursday until around the second week of November.
They will post most seasonal hours, but not Thanksgiving thru Sunday.

It's like we have permanent holiday hours, we'll be open one extra hour every day. On the other hand, our pharmacy is cutting their hours back by one.
Speaking of holiday hours, has anyone heard how extended store hours will be affected come late November?

I didnt even think of that.

If we close at 1am Im changing my availability f that.

Our new store hours kick in August 3rd. As of now, it doesn't appear that back room is affected (last daytime BR TM still leaves either at 10:30 or 11:00). Crossing my fingers that things stay as they are. Then again, I only close 1-2 days a week. I can't complain too much.

Great. The cast of characters that wanders in between 10 and 11 is crazy enough. I can just imagine the 11-12 crowd. Also, this will make closing GSA Saturday nights and working 239 Sunday mornings even more fun.

Now overnight stores will get the same guest complaints about freight that 6 am stores get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back