Archived Store improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are misrepresenting themselves and sense when did information become an insult. I simply let know what they were about from the perspective of someone who actually dealt with them. Even before I commented he had already started rubbing people the wrong way as the comments show.

I don't know him personally and I don't know you.
It's not my job to make such judgments.
It's my job to keep things running smoothly and with an even keel.

You came on and said some things about him that were pretty damning.
He could have said you are a shill for Spot, a corporate union buster just here to post negative things.
I wouldn't have any idea if it was true or not.
It wouldn't matter.
It would be wrong.

Whatever your issues with the NRV, like I said put him on ignore and move on.
You are welcome here and he is welcome here.
Drama ain't.

Drama ain't.

tenor.gif

Oh yes.....fix the "merchandise locate" button!!!
In the past I've used it so much and sometimes now I forget that our registers freeze and need to be reset....it can really be a problem when I'm at GS!!!!

Whatever your issues with the NRV, like I said put him on ignore and move on.
You are welcome here and he is welcome here.
Drama ain't.
I find it interesting that since Mamabear posted her information NRV is nowhere to be seen now. I actually had to check that I hadn't put him on ignore. He was/is a one trick pony with nothing else but his labor organizing agenda. Even this thread, which he started, he only commented on equipment issues that have already been well documented here. No other posts about the nitty-gritty we TMs all deal with on a daily basis at Spot.

I'm not against unions, but trying to strong arm me into anything is a big mistake. Unions seem to be stuck in the 1930s with some of their organizing methods. I feel they are sort of like car manufacturers in the 1970s, who were made nearly obsolete because they didn't evolve, innovate, and listen to understand their "audience." For unions to survive, and I hope they do, they better have a plan for today's worker. IMO.

Also, IMO, the drama is half the fun here!

I find it interesting that since Mamabear posted her information NRV is nowhere to be seen now. I actually had to check that I hadn't put him on ignore. He was/is a one trick pony with nothing else but his labor organizing agenda. Even this thread, which he started, he only commented on equipment issues that have already been well documented here. No other posts about the nitty-gritty we TMs all deal with on a daily basis at Spot.

I'm not against unions, but trying to strong arm me into anything is a big mistake. Unions seem to be stuck in the 1930s with some of their organizing methods. I feel they are sort of like car manufacturers in the 1970s, who were made nearly obsolete because they didn't evolve, innovate, and listen to understand their "audience." For unions to survive, and I hope they do, they better have a plan for today's worker. IMO.

Also, IMO, the drama is half the fun here!
Im right here, the problem is some of these workers in opposition to our efforts don't even know what we are trying to do because they won't even engage in a conversation, practically everything they have said isn't true because they don't even understand the basic terms of whats being argued here and that is largely the fault of management telling them misinformation. Some have written statements in response to our own and when we ask to reprint them they say "no". So because we respect consent we don't violate their wishes, but what it has resulted in is two sides speaking past one another without actually listening to what is being said. They want to believe what management says, which is "dont join the union", yet we've never said "join the union" or that we are "forming a union" and as we told some of these coworkers in a meeting [which they decided to disrupt and try to take over] we share alot of the same criticisms they and others have of unions, which is why we remained independent from the unions. Hell, they have drank the koolaid so much they wont even recognize the violation of workers rights at our store despite the NLRB forming a settlement with Target over the matter. We can't force anyone to do anything and we woudln't have gotten this far if we tried. But anyways I appreciate hearing other team members input on the problems at their stores.

Invest in actual training. Currently we just stick a new person with who ever happens to be working, the hours do not allow training at all. I truly believe that is one reason people quit. They are overwhelmed because they were never really trained.
I think they need to bring back TL meetings once a month. So much information is word of mouth now. Basically its a damn telephone game. When you finally get the info its not even close to the original message.
RETHINK BLACK FRIDAY- I know its January, that means corporate has the time to get their heads out of their asses. Close on Thanksgiving and open at 6am on Friday. The PR would be outstanding. The team would actually feel respected. We work our asses off in the fourth quarter. We don't spend any time with our families. Give us this one day and I promise your team will be much happier. Online is the future. Run the promotions online. Pick the orders out of a warehouse. Trying to pick on black friday in electronics was the biggest fail I have ever witnessed at Target and I have been here for a very long time.
Junk the "you" cards. This is a workplace not kindergarten. A simple thank you means more than a post it written for a quota.
Sets that make sense. That plastic in mini thing? I hope someone was coached for that asinine idea.
Reconsider the whole E2E. Let backroom teams do backroom things. Let price change people, price change. Having the softlines team trying to do it all just does not always work.
Let process teams go back overnight. Resetting cosmetics while the store is open is like trying to catch firecrackers. Flow, presentation, price change are all so much more productive overnight. Then during the day the team focuses on guests not tasks
The biggest thing Target can do right now- Hire mature leadership. Not necessarily old but mature. The fresh out of college party boys and party girls are a joke. Don't get your knickers in a knot, not all ETLS are like this. I would say more are than aren't. They gossip to TLs and team members about their peers. They make inappropriate jokes, They could have a bunch of people saying #metoo, in my store. If you don't have a strong, respectful leadership the rest of your team is going to follow suit.

Invest in actual training. Currently we just stick a new person with who ever happens to be working, the hours do not allow training at all. I truly believe that is one reason people quit. They are overwhelmed because they were never really trained.
I think they need to bring back TL meetings once a month. So much information is word of mouth now. Basically its a damn telephone game. When you finally get the info its not even close to the original message.
RETHINK BLACK FRIDAY- I know its January, that means corporate has the time to get their heads out of their asses. Close on Thanksgiving and open at 6am on Friday. The PR would be outstanding. The team would actually feel respected. We work our asses off in the fourth quarter. We don't spend any time with our families. Give us this one day and I promise your team will be much happier. Online is the future. Run the promotions online. Pick the orders out of a warehouse. Trying to pick on black friday in electronics was the biggest fail I have ever witnessed at Target and I have been here for a very long time.
Junk the "you" cards. This is a workplace not kindergarten. A simple thank you means more than a post it written for a quota.
Sets that make sense. That plastic in mini thing? I hope someone was coached for that asinine idea.
Reconsider the whole E2E. Let backroom teams do backroom things. Let price change people, price change. Having the softlines team trying to do it all just does not always work.
Let process teams go back overnight. Resetting cosmetics while the store is open is like trying to catch firecrackers. Flow, presentation, price change are all so much more productive overnight. Then during the day the team focuses on guests not tasks
The biggest thing Target can do right now- Hire mature leadership. Not necessarily old but mature. The fresh out of college party boys and party girls are a joke. Don't get your knickers in a knot, not all ETLS are like this. I would say more are than aren't. They gossip to TLs and team members about their peers. They make inappropriate jokes, They could have a bunch of people saying #metoo, in my store. If you don't have a strong, respectful leadership the rest of your team is going to follow suit.
I feel this every time they stick me back in electronics and I have the inevitable questions from customers about the quality of tvs, game consoles, or computers. I can't afford nor have any interest in buying those things so I have no real frame of reference to tell them what is good and what isnt. It's not really fair to put us in that position without any sort of training.

I feel this every time they stick me back in electronics and I have the inevitable questions from customers about the quality of tvs, game consoles, or computers. I can't afford nor have any interest in buying those things so I have no real frame of reference to tell them what is good and what isnt. It's not really fair to put us in that position without any sort of training.

I do get what you are saying here. You don’t have to an expert in electronics to help. When I help out a guest in electronics. Somethings I know pretty well. Others I use resources that we have. I read the box and tell the guest I will pull up reviews on our site. Those are helpful as well a comparing the televisions. If you don’t feel comfortable helping the guest, let your TL know. I am sure they can help with some extra training.
Training is something that I brought up in the past and doesn’t seem to be a global Target issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back