Archived Store improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigger backrom. They want to take away the storage trailers, but with the org chart jump and freight volume lift we have nowhere to put things.

More devices. Between flow, backroom, salesfloor and such...20 mydevices and 11 pda do not cut it. Same with walkies. Of course people also don't share or always need them, but we're short either way. Especially when the price checkers are down or missing.

Which leads to: updated price checkers. Touchscreen, maybe with a tm login integration?

Which kind? I'm surprised at how old all of our computers and registers are, the mydevices tend to take awhile to process and this was after we got a new shipment. The label printer is also pretty slow.

It can take up to 5 minutes for my fixture room computer to print a label batch. It's really fucking annoying. The printer jams constantly. We need a new computer and a new printer.

The Zebras can get really slow when you scan an item and you have to reload the entire app every so often.

New registers come with remodels, I think. I'm hoping we get them. I hate the old ones.

New price checkers around the store would be nice. Maybe allow them to display more information?

More care about FoodAve instead of just letting people wreak havoc tbh. Actually, no, I would love for them to simply close it down and open a Starbucks in that area instead (we currently don't have one).

Food Ave is a service. You're making a few hundred dollars a day over there. Most likely barely turning a profit after payroll and food costs. Unfortunately this means that Target doesn't have a real reason to care too much more about the workcenter : /

Bigger SFS area. We barely have room to store our supplies and we definitely don't have room to store our picked carts before packing them, we have to shove them down backroom aisles and hope nobody tries to backstock them.

our entire store has been remodeled except for the front end (minus starbucks). GS needs a new space, and we need new lane lights.

Food Ave is a service. You're making a few hundred dollars a day over there. Most likely barely turning a profit after payroll and food costs. Unfortunately this means that Target doesn't have a real reason to care too much more about the workcenter : /

I agree entirely, but I actually mean just putting people over there that won't trash the place. Our seasonal workers over there messed up so much stuff and anything I said about it just got brushed off. Not my fault they found an infestation over there for not listening to me. 'S why I really wish they'd just get rid of cafe and put a Bux in that spot in our store.

More information and communication between areas. It would be helpful in training to know who does what and who to contact for different situations. Day to day, it would be nice to have lik a quick few bullets on a memo board or on the break cards or something letting TMs know of different things going on (for instance, different sales promos and whether they’re cartwheel or coupon or auto-applied, HR announcements, new AP things to watch out for, heads-ups about areas that might be low-staffed and need extra hands, etc.). Kind of like how the TLs send out their emails or whatever but to distribute important info to everyone.
A perfext example of when this would’ve helped us when we suddenly had to enter in GC access codes and nobody knew about it. Something like that should’ve been easily communicated, as well as other more minor changes and announcements most TMs never hear about until it’s too late and they’ve wasted more TLs’ time fighting it out.

Oh, let's see. TMs who care about doing a good job - but that's reliant on paying enough, and providing sort of steady hours, to attract and keep good staff. Actually rewarding those who do a good job consistently (with more than recognition at huddle or "great team" cards - both of which I think mean nothing). Sufficient equipment; the zebra devices do generally work pretty well most of the time but we're often short on empty vehicles because they're all full of back stock which isn't getting put away. (Funny how it's almost always grocery and beauty piled up on u-boats and tubs. Yep, this e2e plan is fabulous!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back