Archived Store interns

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETL interns will always difficulty interacting with TMs at the store they are training at, TMs who aren't happy with their own store management are going to have a passive aggressive attitude towards them because they know they won't be there for long.
A lot of interns realize this, which is why they usually just ignore TMs and stick with being buddies with ETLs they are training with.
Now that I think about it the AP TMs that train at our store do the exact same thing.
This honestly has a lot of truth to it...

ETL interns will always difficulty interacting with TMs at the store they are training at, TMs who aren't happy with their own store management are going to have a passive aggressive attitude towards them because they know they won't be there for long.
A lot of interns realize this, which is why they usually just ignore TMs and stick with being buddies with ETLs they are training with.
Now that I think about it the AP TMs that train at our store do the exact same thing.

Nail on head. Our intern is a sweet gal, she sticks to the ETL's though. The TM's see her as another youngin in over her head

Which leads me to my next question that none of my ETLs wanna answer but I'm dying to know. How much is an ETL worth? because I don't wanna be cheapskated during my job offer but at the same time I don't wanna be money hungry....but I have bills and I like to enjoy myself every now and then.

When I was offered my ETL position, I was offered $48,500. I had done a previous internship with another retailer prior, and was also an HR lead at my previous company. Another intern was offered $46,000, so I'm not sure if my increase was due to previous experience or not. The company I had done my first internship with had offered $45,000 per year. This was for a store in the Detroit MI market.

A great resource to research would be Glassdoor.com's salary page. It will list average salaries, but doesn't include experience levels... But still nice to see what's out there.

We actually have an intern this year that I graduated high school with, we knew who we were but didn't interact much in high school, but she never really interacts much with tms and chooses to mostly stay with the ETLs. Huge "everyone from my high school class is moving ahead, but me" moment lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back