Archived Store is an oven!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyones store extremely hot? Ours is ridiculous. I seriously want to bring a thermometer into the store and see what it reads. The last few shifts I've started to feel dizzy because of the warmth. I know this is controlled outside the store but is there any way to get them to change this? I keep waiting for someone to faint- that might do the trick!

Corporate keeps it at a steamy 75 degrees. Apparently they enjoy us all (guests and TMs alike) to be as uncomfortable as possible. The only way it is likely to be changed is if enough guests call guest relations and complain. Even then it would likely take an act of God.

Make sure you create service requests for your SFT and HQ. 74 is the typical temp setpoint in most areas of the store with a few exceptions. Your SFT should be able to look at your stores IOP or EMS panel and get an initial idea of what and where the problem is.

not in the PFresh area, it's a cool 40 degrees. I always tell my TMs if you are HOT then come over and I will put you to work in the FREEZER (- 32 degrees) to backstock one of the 15 green metros, that never get backstocked, cause the BR TM's don't know how to properly use the SUBT999 so that it doesn't automatically come out on the next caf pull.

Last edited:
Just check the environment control system. Its usually up front somewhere around TMSC or Guest Service it should give you the environmental stats of the store.

If there are others complaining, tell your STL it is becoming an uncomfortable to work.

hq will adjust it if you escalate the issue. fill out a service request every time it's too hot. have other tm do the same. speak with your stl. have the stl speak with dtl. how did your store rank on the BTS with store conditions?

it's taken us 4 years, but we finally have some a/c to help combat the humidity (MN apparently doesn't get the humid=hot as heck connection).

apparently if you call the integrity hotline it will immediately be fixed. I've always thought our store was unbearable and some many people complained but nothing was ever really done about it. This summer someone called it in and it was fixed within a week.

It's sad that I've reached the point where I'm excited for winter because I won't be a sweaty mess after leaving work for the day...

Even in the winter, my store is still hot! Our overnight TMs bring shorts to change into during the winter.

I live in an area where it gets very hot and humid in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. The salesfloor feels pretty chill year-round (we have older guests complain about it all the time). The registers are right by the doors, so temperatures vary a bit up there. The backroom varies a lot. In the summer, it feels a solid 10 degrees warmer than the salesfloor. As soon as you get moving, you get sweaty. In the winter, you have to wear a hoodie.

Ours was a oven last year so I know your pain. This year our store has been cool and not hot at all which is nice chance of pace from last year!

Is anyones store extremely hot? Ours is ridiculous. I seriously want to bring a thermometer into the store and see what it reads. The last few shifts I've started to feel dizzy because of the warmth. I know this is controlled outside the store but is there any way to get them to change this? I keep waiting for someone to faint- that might do the trick!

Our store has been this way the past few summers.

I live in an area where it gets very hot and humid in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. The salesfloor feels pretty chill year-round (we have older guests complain about it all the time). The registers are right by the doors, so temperatures vary a bit up there. The backroom varies a lot. In the summer, it feels a solid 10 degrees warmer than the salesfloor. As soon as you get moving, you get sweaty. In the winter, you have to wear a hoodie.

Weird, our backroom actually feels that much cooler than the sales floor. But then again, when you go out the door from the backroom, you walk right into the hot, steamy electronics department.

I keep waiting for someone to faint- that might do the trick!

They'll only care if it's a guest. A few of us at the front end have gotten mildly dehydrated on the "scorcher" days and they still didn't do anything.

Comfort is an indivdualized thing..... one person may be hot, the person next to you may be comfortable, and the person two aisles over may be freezing. If you have an SFT thats worth anything, he/she should be able to tell you what the temperature and humidity is in each zone of the store. If its anything above 74 degrees and 55% humidity, that zone needs some deeper investigation as to whats going. Could be a quick fix such as a stuck damper or broken belt... or something that a vendor needs to replace like a bad compressor or fan motor. Long story short... your SFT should be able to investigate store comfort problems and inform team members whats going. The key is creating Service Requests. Your SFT may not even be aware people are uncomfortable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back