Archived Store looking for reason to terminate me over wanting to transfer???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked for target for 16 months, i am in the middle of transferring because i have to move out or my grandparents, and i had to call out of work this morning due to a sprained ankle. My leader asked me to bring in a doctors note for something i know i just need a day off of and wasn't going to bother going to a doctors office about. I need to save money here and cant waste $80 to give him a piece of paper stating i hurt my ankle. Mean while i already got confirmed for a transfer to a different store to coincide with my move,if i don't bring him a doctors not can i get fired. And if so will i still have my job at the other store?

They don't have to fire you to screw up the transfer, all they have to do is start writing you up.
The minute there is paper on you the other store isn't going to take you.

They don't have to fire you to screw up the transfer, all they have to do is start writing you up.
The minute there is paper on you the other store isn't going to take you.
Unless you have a tl there already to bargain for you...ask me how I know...

The store I'm transferring to was my original starting store. The one I am currently at is one I had transferred to due to transportation issues. I am transferring back because I have found an apartment close by the original store I was at. I am really good friends with the people at that store and I've put in a good year with them before I had first transferred. They said they'd love to have me back, only thing is my current store really has some bad attitude problems and lack of respect to their team members. They just make do without any huddles or recognition, things Target should really be about. Something my original store had. They have given me a lot of issues ever since I had brought up they idea of transferring and I feel they are trying to find any reason to "let me go." If they fire me, would the other store still take me back regardless of how this one feels? Because I know for a fact that my original store wants me back 100%, but does firing me change that?

If you have someone going to bat for you at your old store, they will likely take you regardless of the outcome from the other store (barring termination for theft, assault & sexual harassment).
I'd give someone at the old store a heads up, tho, just in case.
Spending the $80 for a dr visit for a note so as not to jeopardize your transfer might be a wise investment.

They may have wanted the doctor's note in case you asked for light duty work or a different assignment when you work next. Just tell them the truth, that you could not afford to go to the doctor, and you should be fine.

Worst case is they coach you for calling out, but based on what you said about the store you're transferring to, I'm sure they'll look past that.

If you can go to an urgent care or MinuteClinic type place.

If you have any bruising or redness, photograph it.

Or go in with the limp and request lighter duties (cashier with a seat, Electronics with a seat, operator, use a store wheelchair). If it becomes to pain to work, request additional breaks or early release.

Since you are a regular TM, they have to have documentation to fire you. They can write up and ruin your transfer. If you don't have any attendance issues, then they just might verbally coach you.

If they try to write you up, just let the other store know of the situation.

I worked inventory after getting burned on my legs pretty bad. They provided me a sit and wheelchair if I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back