Archived Store not sharing important info....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly everyone got super loud over the walkie and after the first congratulations I turned the volume down although I probably should have just turned it off for a minute.

Your store doesn't make you all wear an ear piece? I work the front end (cashier/GSA) and I don't want any guests hearing the total lack of response when I call for backup.

But, back on topic - the lack of communication at the front between ETL to GSTL to GSA to cashier sucks. I never know whet the Red card goal is or where we are standing. When I was on the sales floor we always had an opening (or smart) huddle (hated those - especially when they were in soft lines) and a closing huddle. They would always start with recognition (each TM would tell how another TM helped them out or did something good) and then we'd have a sales update along with info on new cartwheel offers or sales that the ETL thought guests might be interested in. We have had a lot of changes in ETLs over the past year so I have no idea what they talk about now. I do know I don't hear them call for a huddle very often anymore.

Look in TSC for a board with sales figures, goals, scores and the like. Your ETL-HR should post those numbers daily. Even if you don't have a huddle, the information is available.

Your store doesn't make you all wear an ear piece? I work the front end (cashier/GSA) and I don't want any guests hearing the total lack of response when I call for backup.
My store is super strict about those. People required to wear an earpiece are: all leaders/including GSAs, all AP, anyone in Electronics, and anyone who needs to use one due to a disability. It works well for preventing guests hearing a lot of walkie cheerleading and TM to AP communication, but as someone who must wear an earpiece, it gets very annoying very quickly with the walkie chatter streaming directly into your ear. Since having to wear an earpiece, I can now tell the minor differences between the walkie lady's voice when she is announcing a call button, and can start moving towards exactly what button it is before she actually says it. I'm both proud and ashamed that I can do that.

To the OP: Your sales and other key information and metrics should be on the board somewhere by your time clock. For us, it's updated weekly. If it isn't, most TLs are usually up to speed on how the store is doing sales-wise, and the GSTL will always be should always be able to speak to REDcard goals, you can try to ask them.

Eidt: I deleted an extra l.l

I completely agree! I think its fine for the GSTL to announce over the walkie that someone got one to keep people in the loop. But the cashiers don't have walkies so they don't they even hear the all leaders that cheer loudly and congratulate them. Why not just have a leader swing by at some point and personally congratulate them face-to-face?

A couple of weeks ago a cashier got two REDcards within like 45 minutes of opening the store on a weekday (which I admit was impressive); at the same time I was helping a guests find something. Suddenly everyone got super loud over the walkie and after the first congratulations I turned the volume down although I probably should have just turned it off for a minute. Then five more leaders congratulated her. The guest made a comment about how weird that was and I've had a fair amount of guests make comments after they hear that. Anyways, that particular guest needed something in baby that we didn't have so together we figured out the next best item and she left very happy. Another sales floor TM near me gave me a shout out over the walkie for "giving great service", but there was no cheering over the walkie from all the leaders for that.

A few weeks ago the ETLs made a huge deal over a cashier getting a redcard and some guests overheard and totally mocked it, like "wooohooooooo michael- way to go!" and kind of fake-danced around. I was both horrifically embarrassed/ashamed for my store, and really, really amused by these people.

We have a couple of ETLs who just really go way too over the top with like 10 second long "wooooooohooooooooooo!" noises. It's gotten to the point that as soon as I hear the GSA say "Alright team..." I know it's about RedCards, and I automatically turn my walkie way down if I know certain ETLs are in the building because I can't stand the thought of hearing that noise one more time.

My store is super strict about those. People required to wear an earpiece are: all leaders/including GSAs, all AP, anyone in Electronics, and anyone who needs to use one due to a disability. It works well for preventing guests hearing a lot of walkie cheerleading and TM to AP communication, but as someone who must wear an earpiece, it gets very annoying very quickly with the walkie chatter streaming directly into your ear. Since having to wear an earpiece, I can now tell the minor differences between the walkie lady's voice when she is announcing a call button, and can start moving towards exactly what button it is before she actually says it. I'm both proud and ashamed that I can do that.

To the OP: Your sales and other key information and metrics should be on the board somewhere by your time clock. For us, it's updated weekly. If it isn't, most TLs are usually up to speed on how the store is doing sales-wise, and the GSTL will always be should always be able to speak to REDcard goals, you can try to ask them.

Eidt: I deleted an extra l.l

Refused an earpiece until they teach people not screech in to the radio and proper manners are taught. First day I tried it I ended up going home sick with the first migraine in over 10 years. Never wearing one, if you don't want people to hear what you have to say, don't say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back