Archived Store not sharing important info....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just transferred from a high volume p-fresh to a lower volume store. At this new store no one talks about sales, vibe, red cards or any huddle topics. This last huddle the LOD gave some recognition to the team for getting through pulls, asked them to pay attention to pick garbage up off the floor, and then introduced me the transfer team member. That's it. Nothing about any vital store info. Obviously my last store wasn't like this. Is this more common than I thought or is my new store just not caring?

Even team leaders? Today our gstl had no idea what the red card goal was.

We hadn't had an evening huddle in probably a year and a half when I left. As for Redcard goals, that number was just something to pull out of the air by the GSTL/GSA depending how we were doing for the week.

We hadn't had an evening huddle in probably a year and a half when I left. As for Redcard goals, that number was just something to pull out of the air by the GSTL/GSA depending how we were doing for the week.

I would ask about RedCard goals and they would say like 6 and then a few weeks later ask again and suddenly it's 12 and I'd be like "wasn't it 6 last time???" "no???? its's always been 12?????"

we operate on a need to know basis , almost ,well not really , closer to top secret.after all why would anyone want to know about sales,rc goals which is always more then what we actually have,inventory results,bts survey etc?

Only our closing team gets huddles. Morning / Dayside never have a clue what's going on.

We have an etl in our building who says huddles are a waste of payroll. He has been overheard saying that he cant stand seeing people just standing around . Apparently , he hasn't seen himself in a mirror lately....

He's an idiot. But most stores have no real clue how a stand up meeting is supposed to run. It should be no more than 10-15 min and basic info from each team is given and any issue that needs more than just a basic explaination is for those people involved to meet later not holding up everyone else. I shouldn't need to hear how SBux is getting new ovens and listening to the set up, that is for the front end people.

But no I get to listen for 15min as they go through all the details of this.. Why????

It should be we need 12 redcards a day we are at 25 for the week. Ok In-Stocks what do you have going on? Not a 20min speech on how many redcards we need, it sounds desperate and the cheering on the radio sounds down right unprofessional. I make sure the LOD gets to hear what guests have to say about the cheering after a someone gets a redcard..

He's an idiot. But most stores have no real clue how a stand up meeting is supposed to run. It should be no more than 10-15 min and basic info from each team is given and any issue that needs more than just a basic explaination is for those people involved to meet later not holding up everyone else. I shouldn't need to hear how SBux is getting new ovens and listening to the set up, that is for the front end people.

But no I get to listen for 15min as they go through all the details of this.. Why????

It should be we need 12 redcards a day we are at 25 for the week. Ok In-Stocks what do you have going on? Not a 20min speech on how many redcards we need, it sounds desperate and the cheering on the radio sounds down right unprofessional. I make sure the LOD gets to hear what guests have to say about the cheering after a someone gets a redcard..
I would agree for the most part. Starbucks info is always of vital importance though. :p
We have the same team every morning, and everyone was sick of hearing the same info day after day. Now, we have more impactful huddles fewer times each week. Never more than 10 mins or so.
Flow has their own huddles.
Closers have huddles when possible. Sometimes I call them and lose everyone to code, phone calls, and endimes. Then I just have to touch base with each person individually. Otherwise it takes forever to get everyone together again.

I would agree for the most part. Starbucks info is always of vital importance though. :p
We have the same team every morning, and everyone was sick of hearing the same info day after day. Now, we have more impactful huddles fewer times each week. Never more than 10 mins or so.
Flow has their own huddles.
Closers have huddles when possible. Sometimes I call them and lose everyone to code, phone calls, and endimes. Then I just have to touch base with each person individually. Otherwise it takes forever to get everyone together again.

Sbux getting a new oven is all you need to know, not how the install process is going to work. That is for the front end. Anything else you can find out when you order your coffee.

Sbux getting a new oven is all you need to know, not how the install process is going to work. That is for the front end. Anything else you can find out when you order your coffee.
Couldn't get the sarcasm font on my phone! I'm amazed anyone would talk about Sbux at all. We are the ugly red headed step children at my store.

90% of our huddles are a repeat of the huddle from the day before.

10% is new or useful info.

This is does not include any time spent on Smart huddles or Working huddles.

ETA: to answer the OP - the LOD normally goes over sales numbers and Red Card goals

No huddles for me. Only thing I hear about red cards is to get them. Nothing about how we are doing regarding sales. Target is very poor when it comes to communication. Don't get me started on the red card recognition over the radio.

Couldn't get the sarcasm font on my phone! I'm amazed anyone would talk about Sbux at all. We are the ugly red headed step children at my store.
That would be Instocks at our store. They put up table toppers for Best Team Survey and thanked every single team for their contribution...except Instocks. There's a chart to show "Who's Your Supervisor" by the computer. Instocks isn't on it. I'm pretty sure that nobody knows who the Instocks supervisors are, including the supervisors.

Occasional huddles are cool - every day, not so much.

That would be Instocks at our store. They put up table toppers for Best Team Survey and thanked every single team for their contribution...except Instocks. There's a chart to show "Who's Your Supervisor" by the computer. Instocks isn't on it. I'm pretty sure that nobody knows who the Instocks supervisors are, including the supervisors.
So "the work I do at Target is valued. . . ." was a miss on the survey then?

the cheering on the radio sounds down right unprofessional. I make sure the LOD gets to hear what guests have to say about the cheering after a someone gets a redcard..

I completely agree! I think its fine for the GSTL to announce over the walkie that someone got one to keep people in the loop. But the cashiers don't have walkies so they don't they even hear the all leaders that cheer loudly and congratulate them. Why not just have a leader swing by at some point and personally congratulate them face-to-face?

A couple of weeks ago a cashier got two REDcards within like 45 minutes of opening the store on a weekday (which I admit was impressive); at the same time I was helping a guests find something. Suddenly everyone got super loud over the walkie and after the first congratulations I turned the volume down although I probably should have just turned it off for a minute. Then five more leaders congratulated her. The guest made a comment about how weird that was and I've had a fair amount of guests make comments after they hear that. Anyways, that particular guest needed something in baby that we didn't have so together we figured out the next best item and she left very happy. Another sales floor TM near me gave me a shout out over the walkie for "giving great service", but there was no cheering over the walkie from all the leaders for that.

My store rarely has huddles for the overnight team. When we do, half the team talks through it because they think that if it's not in Spanish, they don't have to pay attention. Even though they all understand English or can have the person next to them translate.

Even during the hour that there are guests still in the building, I'll occasionally hear these announcements about REDcards. It feels like that thing that bars do where they ring a bell every time a certain product is sold, and makes your job sound more like a competition.

A couple of weeks ago a cashier got two REDcards within like 45 minutes of opening the store on a weekday (which I admit was impressive); at the same time I was helping a guests find something. Suddenly everyone got super loud over the walkie and after the first congratulations I turned the volume down although I probably should have just turned it off for a minute. Then five more leaders congratulated her. The guest made a comment about how weird that was and I've had a fair amount of guests make comments after they hear that. Anyways, that particular guest needed something in baby that we didn't have so together we figured out the next best item and she left very happy. Another sales floor TM near me gave me a shout out over the walkie for "giving great service", but there was no cheering over the walkie from all the leaders for that.

This has always been my issue with the cheering about the red cards. What is really going to get the guest back in the store?? That they have a red card or that they received great customer service again and again?? I had a guest profusely thank me for going above and beyond in helping her. She wanted to know who she should tell to make sure I was recognized by my boss. I pointed out my lead and she walked over to her. Nothing was ever said to me by my lead about the conversation with the guest. If you give crappy guest service that guest may not return, red card or not.

Huddle every morning, including weekends usually. Night huddle sporadically.

We cover previous day sales, previous day REDcards, redcard count for the week, sales goal for the day, redcard goal for the day. Everyone says at least good morning. Every etl or tl who thinks their the bomb gives some long winded speech about regards, sales floor speed, cashier speed. Etl-hr includes compliance or bts or open enrollment. Specialty tls normally include where there team is. Takes twenty to thirty minutes minimum. Then we smart huddle.

The problem is you are presupposing that the ETLs and STL actually know what is going on in order to pass it on.
I found that way too often the most common situation at Spot was "Mr. Left Hand meet Mr. Right Hand." Repeat ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back