Archived Store Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I work at a Target thats nearly 30 mins away from my house, let's call it Store A, but there's also a Target that's only 5 mins away from my house (Store B) that is looking for a beauty expert, which is what Im very very interested in not only because of the decent hours, but because Im a huge beauty fan. :)

I recently got "promoted" into beauty at Store A about 2 months ago, but they've still been giving me only front end shifts (cashier, SCO, service desk, order pickup, etc) and I still get my same pay, since I don't work over 50% of my time in Beauty.

Store B knows me pretty well because Store A went through a remodel and so all of the employees were temporarily relocated back in September up until this past December. So obviously since it's only a few short minutes away, I chose to move to Store B during those months and I was well liked and cross trained there as well. I spoke to the HR at Store B and she said that she would talk to the STL and also my STL.

If I want to transfer to that store, do I need to turn in an internal application? If so, will my store be notified? Is there anything I should do to perhaps raise my chances of being able to transfer? Switching to Store B would not only give me the opportunity to finally work in the department that Id like, but it will also ease the gas and milage on my car, since it has to be shared between me and my family.

Any advice is appreciated! :)

Talk to HR at both stores (or the salesfloor ETL if you think they will be more agreeable). They may have you put in application or they may not. Or one of them could just say no.

I mean Ive heard from multiple people that the store by my house is REALLY looking for another Beauty TM. They've gone through like 3 different people these past couple of months.
Ive already been trained in Beauty, I got a great review from a DM visit, plus Store B seems to like me a lot, I think I could easily transfer... all Im worried about is my store saying no for some reason.
They don't really train a lot of cashiers to do other jobs such as the service desk and SCO, it's just me and like maybe 5 TMs that are trained for that. It's because the GSTLs dont see potential in certain cashiers, or other cashiers just simply refuse to be trained for those things lol. Im just worried that they'll say no because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back