Archived Stores closing???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen a list of stores closing? There are rumors that a store near me is closing. Not relocating, just closing. Just wondering if anyone has seen an email or list somewhere?? I'm curious if it's true. It would not surprise me. The store is a regular gm store, not a super, not a pfresh. No pharmacy.

No real information but the past two years they seemed to announce store closings the first week of November, although they did announce store closings in January after the breach so who knows now.

Has anyone seen a list of stores closing? There are rumors that a store near me is closing. Not relocating, just closing. Just wondering if anyone has seen an email or list somewhere?? I'm curious if it's true. It would not surprise me. The store is a regular gm store, not a super, not a pfresh. No pharmacy.

Is it an extremely low volume store that had no hope of ever being profitable?

A GM only store? Didn't even know those existed anymore.

A GM only store? Didn't even know those existed anymore.
We have one in our district. Also no Starbucks, which is a disappointment every time I go in there because I always want a drink and don't want to go to the ultra-crowded SB in their parking lot.

I thought my D-volume was bad but at least it's a p-fresh with a sbux (although tbh I'd prefer a food ave where I could get something cheap to eat)

Yeah they converted our Food Ave into the sbux right before I was hired. Our cash bags for the sbux registers still say Food Ave on them, and of the additional assistance buttons on the 2 registers, one says "All Starbucks Certified Team Members are Needed at Starbucks" and the other says "Additional Cashiers to Food Avenue!"

In the last few years, there was a high to low volume store in my area that was closed 2 years after a newer Super was built 5 minutes up the road.

In my original district, one of the oldest stores was closed because the shopping area had turned into a craphole full of gangs and crime. Everything from the nearby mall, Best Buy, grocery stores, restaurants, and hotels have closed down.

I thought my D-volume was bad but at least it's a p-fresh with a sbux (although tbh I'd prefer a food ave where I could get something cheap to eat)
We have a mall store in our district (I'm assuming similar volume, but I never checked) with only Starbucks. No food ave necessary as they are adjacent to the food court.

It would be fun to be young and work in a mall. Go hang out in stores and visit with friends during lunch. Knowing me though, I would have gone to the arcade. Maybe I would have made a friend there. I was pretty good at Crazy Taxi!

Ya this store has a food ave only open 10a to 7p. No Pizza Hut food. No Starbucks. This store has maybe a dozen coolers and freezers. It carries milk eggs cheese icecream etc. All of the dry grocery product (not candy/snacks) is crammed into one valley 20 feet long.

In my original district, one of the oldest stores was closed because the shopping area had turned into a craphole full of gangs and crime. Everything from the nearby mall, Best Buy, grocery stores, restaurants, and hotels have closed down.

BuliSBI: Any clues you can give us to the name of the nearby mall or area?

Ya this store has a food ave only open 10a to 7p. No Pizza Hut food. No Starbucks. This store has maybe a dozen coolers and freezers. It carries milk eggs cheese icecream etc. All of the dry grocery product (not candy/snacks) is crammed into one valley 20 feet long.

what the actual fuck.

BuliSBI: Any clues you can give us to the name of the nearby mall or area?

If bulisbi doesn't work there anymore and it was shut down, he can safely say it, right?

Team members at Monroe, MI were informed that the store is closing and Jan 31 will be the last day, this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back