Archived Stores closing???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any rumors on the Battle Creek, MI store closing? That store looks like it hasn't changed since the late 90s.

Most of the stores that were announce to be closed in Jan by spot, those stores were closed down in May.
http://tcbmag.com/News/Recent-News/2014/January/Targets-Plans-Now-Call-For-10-New-Stores,-12-Clos

The store next to me is closing in January and not on that list. They are a low volume, GM, very outdated store with no Starbucks. They closed down their pharmacy in October already. I work at a AA+ Super, so most people already just go to us. It's just weird, cause there hasn't been a public announcement about it yet and most people outside of spot have no idea.

Any rumors on the Battle Creek, MI store closing? That store looks like it hasn't changed since the late 90s.

Sounds like Monroe... No neon, just colored tape around the walls. Still has the green food ave tile.

There's a store in McHenry Illinois that's closing in January as well.

The Carrollton store was built in 1980, hasn't received a renovation in years, and has since been boxed in by other stores (including several SuperTargets) over the past 10 years or so within a few mile radius. How the store has stayed open this long is anyone's guess.

From spot 2015 release:
The decision to close a Target store is only made after careful consideration of the long-term financial performance of a particular location. All eligible store team members are being offered the option to transfer to other Target stores. Team members who choose not to transfer will be offered a separation package.

Lithonia, Georgia
8109 Mall Parkway
Lithonia, Ga.

Castleton, Indiana
8448 Center Run Drive
Indianapolis, Ind.

Monroe, Michigan
2121 N. Monroe St.
Monroe, Mich.

Clinton, Iowa
2900 S. 25th St.
Clinton, Iowa

Wichita East, Kansas
301 S. Towne East Mall Drive
Wichita, Kan.

Northland, Michigan
21400 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, Mich.

McHenry, Illinois
1860 N. Richmond Road
McHenry, Ill

Bay City, Michigan
4135 Wilder Road
Bay City, Mich.

Austin, Minnesota
1701 18th Ave. N.W.
Austin, Minn.

Calumet City, Illinois
1717 E. West Road
Calumet City, Ill.

Carrolton, Texas
2620 N. Josey Lane
Carrollton, Texas

From spot 2015 release:
The decision to close a Target store is only made after careful consideration of the long-term financial performance of a particular location. All eligible store team members are being offered the option to transfer to other Target stores. Team members who choose not to transfer will be offered a separation package.

Lithonia, Georgia
8109 Mall Parkway
Lithonia, Ga.

Castleton, Indiana
8448 Center Run Drive
Indianapolis, Ind.

Monroe, Michigan
2121 N. Monroe St.
Monroe, Mich.

Clinton, Iowa
2900 S. 25th St.
Clinton, Iowa

Wichita East, Kansas
301 S. Towne East Mall Drive
Wichita, Kan.

Northland, Michigan
21400 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, Mich.

McHenry, Illinois
1860 N. Richmond Road
McHenry, Ill

Bay City, Michigan
4135 Wilder Road
Bay City, Mich.

Austin, Minnesota
1701 18th Ave. N.W.
Austin, Minn.

Calumet City, Illinois
1717 E. West Road
Calumet City, Ill.

Carrolton, Texas
2620 N. Josey Lane
Carrollton, Texas

I almost transferred to one of those stores to be a Flow TL. Good thing I didn't! Won't say which one though.

Word is that all of the stores closing in Michigan are attached to malls.

Would you take the transfer or the severance?

It's hard to say, the severance is at least something. Be careful to read anything presented for your signature. Know what you are signing and agreeing to, calculate how long the severance will last, transfering could be a better option than severance. Write down any questions you may have, ask them! Remember to take time regarding any choices you make. Think about it before deciding.

It's hard to say, the severance is at least something. Be careful to read anything presented for your signature. Know what you are signing and agreeing to, calculate how long the severance will last, transfering could be a better option than severance. Write down any questions you may have, ask them! Remember to take time regarding any choices you make. Think about it before deciding.

Transfers do not yield you the status you had. Scheduling, availability, hours...

Severance, most likely. There are no other Targets in my area that are reachable by bus, and since I don't drive...

I'd work at the Staples or something in my shopping center.

Was talking to some Group and District leaders today, one of the stores that is closing was making 13 Million Dollars a year. It only had an STL/HR, ETL-LOG and ETL-SF/GE..... and two Team Leaders...... for the whole store....

Was talking to some Group and District leaders today, one of the stores that is closing was making 13 Million Dollars a year. It only had an STL/HR, ETL-LOG and ETL-SF/GE..... and two Team Leaders...... for the whole store....

what! that is literally 1/4 of what we do in a year.

what! that is literally 1/4 of what we do in a year.

That was probably my store!! Monroe, MI.

We competed with a brand new Walmart, Meijer, Kohl's, TJMaxx and Kmart. It's located in a dying mall (but a craft store had just moved in as I was leaving).

When our sister store got P'Freshed, we lost some business... People would travel the extra 15 minutes for the groceries. Also pissed people off that we had a smaller assortment then the Toledo/Woodhaven stores.

The closing did not come as a surprise to long timers. Sales were in their fourth straight year of decline.... The store didn't even hit 13 million the last fiscal year. I wouldn't be surprised if the STL knew about it when she got assigned... Everytime we had a meeting, she would make an off comment about the store closing. But with a small town with a saturation of big box retail.. Can't do much.

The townsfolk has started petitions and protests. Also rumors of a super target being built have been swirling on the newspaper and media... I can only laugh at those.

I feel horrible for my former coworkers. Wonderful people and a great team. We had a team of 8 TL ands they were (rightfully) deveasted when the AE2014 changes happened. And those who remained thought the worst was over.

As for me... I feel so lucky my STL told me to get out. Otherwise I'd still be there....

Looks like it's business as usual through mid-December. Then the trucks will stop. Then whatever is left gets shipped back to the DC. wonder f they are still doing pogs and in stocks.... An getting visits. Seems stupid at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back