Archived Stores closing???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a terrible way to do the Christmas rush. I can't even imagine...by the middle of December, not only are you drained and ready to quit, but now you know your job is going to be gone in another month and the only thing standing between you and the guest screaming at you is...well...not much.

Just whatever shitty severance or transfer package they give you.

And unemployment? Most part time people won't meet the average hours requirement or length of service requirement set by the State. It sucks.

what! that is literally 1/4 of what we do in a year.

I did the math yeah, my store is roughly 52 mil. Ridiculous how little some make. Kind of unfortunate.

Looks like it's business as usual through mid-December. Then the trucks will stop. Then whatever is left gets shipped back to the DC. wonder f they are still doing pogs and in stocks.... An getting visits. Seems stupid at this point.

Well if the trucks eventually stop, then instocks isn't needed.

Pogs would probably be done IF they had the product.

What a terrible way to do the Christmas rush. I can't even imagine...by the middle of December, not only are you drained and ready to quit, but now you know your job is going to be gone in another month and the only thing standing between you and the guest screaming at you is...well...not much.

TBH, I kind of would envy this. Okay, say you were taking the severance, you weren't going to work for Target anymore, and you had to deal with a guest yelling at you. I'd just be like "fuck off lady, we aren't accepting your coupons. Bye bitch!"

Does anyone anticipate more store closure announcements after the holidays; similar to last year?

what! that is literally 1/4 of what we do in a year.

I did the math yeah, my store is roughly 52 mil. Ridiculous how little some make. Kind of unfortunate.

Looks like it's business as usual through mid-December. Then the trucks will stop. Then whatever is left gets shipped back to the DC. wonder f they are still doing pogs and in stocks.... An getting visits. Seems stupid at this point.

Well if the trucks eventually stop, then instocks isn't needed.

Pogs would probably be done IF they had the product.

TBH, I kind of would envy this. Okay, say you were taking the severance, you weren't going to work for Target anymore, and you had to deal with a guest yelling at you. I'd just be like "fuck off lady, we aren't accepting your coupons. Bye bitch!"
You only get pogs for certain items that end up on ad, honestly closing a store was a very interesting experience. This will vary though, we had an awesome benched STL that helped us close down the store and to be honest it was fun. The funniest part is that even after we were officially closed and had plywood on the doors, there were still guests that would wander in and one who kept telling us they just wanted to pay their bill.

Does anyone anticipate more store closure announcements after the holidays; similar to last year?

From spot 2015 release:
The decision to close a Target store is only made after careful consideration of the long-term financial performance of a particular location. All eligible store team members are being offered the option to transfer to other Target stores. Team members who choose not to transfer will be offered a separation package.

Lithonia, Georgia
8109 Mall Parkway
Lithonia, Ga.

Castleton, Indiana
8448 Center Run Drive
Indianapolis, Ind.

Monroe, Michigan
2121 N. Monroe St.
Monroe, Mich.

Clinton, Iowa
2900 S. 25th St.
Clinton, Iowa

Wichita East, Kansas
301 S. Towne East Mall Drive
Wichita, Kan.

Northland, Michigan
21400 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, Mich.

McHenry, Illinois
1860 N. Richmond Road
McHenry, Ill

Bay City, Michigan
4135 Wilder Road
Bay City, Mich.

Austin, Minnesota
1701 18th Ave. N.W.
Austin, Minn.

Calumet City, Illinois
1717 E. West Road
Calumet City, Ill.

Carrolton, Texas
2620 N. Josey Lane
Carrollton, Texas

Two in my state, luckily none that are local to my area though.

From spot 2015 release:
The decision to close a Target store is only made after careful consideration of the long-term financial performance of a particular location. All eligible store team members are being offered the option to transfer to other Target stores. Team members who choose not to transfer will be offered a separation package.

Lithonia, Georgia
8109 Mall Parkway
Lithonia, Ga.

Castleton, Indiana
8448 Center Run Drive
Indianapolis, Ind.

Monroe, Michigan
2121 N. Monroe St.
Monroe, Mich.

Clinton, Iowa
2900 S. 25th St.
Clinton, Iowa

Wichita East, Kansas
301 S. Towne East Mall Drive
Wichita, Kan.

Northland, Michigan
21400 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, Mich.

McHenry, Illinois
1860 N. Richmond Road
McHenry, Ill

Bay City, Michigan
4135 Wilder Road
Bay City, Mich.

Austin, Minnesota
1701 18th Ave. N.W.
Austin, Minn.

Calumet City, Illinois
1717 E. West Road
Calumet City, Ill.

Carrolton, Texas
2620 N. Josey Lane
Carrollton, Texas

Haha, I meant to ask if anyone expects there to be additional store closings added to this list after Christmas? Last year, store closings were announced both in November and in January of this year around the same time as the data breach.

Would you take the transfer or the severance?

It's hard to say, the severance is at least something. Be careful to read anything presented for your signature. Know what you are signing and agreeing to, calculate how long the severance will last, transfering could be a better option than severance. Write down any questions you may have, ask them! Remember to take time regarding any choices you make. Think about it before deciding.

Transfers do not yield you the status you had. Scheduling, availability, hours...
Transfers are guaranteed their average hours for up to 4 months after moving to their new store.

image.jpg image.jpg

A coworker on Facebook posted these. Strange to see the place empty. As they put it "we were trained to flex over empties!"

We are getting repacks from a closing store. If you thought DC repacks were bad these are awful!
For all of the people in the closing stores, I truly wish you well.

The process we used when they closed a store years ago involved:

1. Open repack
2. Stuff with as much product as possible.
3. Close repack
4. Repeat

However I seem to remember getting some transfer pallets from a closing store last year with papepwork saying what was in the repacks. Maybe they changed the process.

The process we used when they closed a store years ago involved:

1. Open repack
2. Stuff with as much product as possible.
3. Close repack
4. Repeat

However I seem to remember getting some transfer pallets from a closing store last year with papepwork saying what was in the repacks. Maybe they changed the process.

I never dealt with this at Target, but at former retailers we did the same thing. We literally picked over the already-picked-over junk that nobody would ever want.

Was talking to some Group and District leaders today, one of the stores that is closing was making 13 Million Dollars a year. It only had an STL/HR, ETL-LOG and ETL-SF/GE..... and two Team Leaders...... for the whole store....

May have also been the store in Austin, MN! they're so small..

We are getting repacks from a closing store. If you thought DC repacks were bad these are awful!
For all of the people in the closing stores, I truly wish you well.
We got a pallet of repacks from a store closing a state above me. It was crammed so tight with crap.

A few years ago, a store was closed in Garland, TX outside of the usual store close cycle. However, the store was closed in response to another Target a couple of miles away being rebuilt as a SuperT, along with the store's location in a declining neighborhood and being an original store to the region (from the early 70's).

It was just announced that the store on Dixie Highway in Louisville, KY will close before November 1st. According to media reports, many guests have been caught off guard by the closing, as this is the only store for miles in that portion of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back