Archived Strange transaction on my checking account

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have direct deposit set up, and I just notice there's a withdrawal from 1/6 that says
"ACH Withdrawal TARGET COMPANY H / Q TDC - ACH TRAN TARGET [store number] TDC [CITY STATE] [CITY STATE]"
in the amount of $22.62. My store just got paid on 1/3, so my first thought was that my paycheck got messed up and they took some money back. Can anyone shed some light on this? My account is now overdrawn and I'm pretty upset about this.

edit: I do have a debit Red Card but I haven't used it since September (I'm super broke). I also haven't actually been inside my store since 1/4, and even then I've ONLY used either SNAP or my parent's Red Card.

Last edited:
Not a purchase or anything? Check with your store/account services.

Definitely not a purchase, I haven't used any card associated with this account at any Target store since at least September. I just called my LOD (my ETL-HR isn't in right now) and she has no idea, she suggested I call the number on the back of my Red Card.

Definitely not a purchase, I haven't used any card associated with this account at any Target store since at least September.

While I'm not saying it happend, maybe, just maybe, your RedCard was compromised somehow. Out of Curiosity, was the store number on the statement, your actual store number?

If you suspect it's payroll related, maybe you should call Team Member Services.

If you have direct deposit on that account, could be an HR transaction or something. Usually discrepancies would just come out of your next check i'd imagine though.... Maybe I'm wrong.

The Target red card basically works on a Automated Clearing house (ACH) transaction type. It's a type of electronic network for financial transactions and if you have not used the card....I would definitely be calling up your bank and Target Debit Card services at 1-888-729-7331 :eek:

This on your bank statement means that Target Bank has successfully taken the funds needed to cover the purchase.

Now you'll see something on your RedCard management that will look something like this

The initial attempt when you made a purchase says

TARGET [City] [State] [Purchase Price]

Afterwards when it's taken from your bank account it says after that

TARGET DEBIT CARD ACH PAYMENT [-X amount]

------

However on your actual bank statement only the actual charge when it's finally taken will show if you want to see anything else you have to log into Redcard Management on the redcard page on Target.com

Last edited:
I doesn't look like a redcard ach withdrawal. At least with my account it's worded like this: TARGET DEBIT CRD ACH TRAN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX POS ID: XXXXXXXXXX

and the numbers are always the same

I called Red Card Services and apparently I used my card on Dec 16 to make a purchase, and my bank account didn't have the funds to cover it at the time, so Target resubmitted the transaction to my bank twice, and the weird charge is when it finally went through. I think it's BS that the transaction was allowed at POS if my account balance was too low. I also don't really recall using my card at all in December, so the guy at the call center said he could send out a copy of the receipt. In the meantime, I have to go to my credit union and beg them to take the overdraft fee off. :/

Why wouldn't the transaction be allowed? The REDCard debit card has no direct access to your checking account to check funds. It is merely a check card that sends an electronic check to the bank to have them take the funds out. It would be like writing a check and expecting the store to know if you have the funds or not.

That said, if the transaction was at your store, you can have AP or the GSTL look up the receipt for you and print you out a copy. It would be a lot faster than waiting for something from the REDCard people.

I've seen debit transactions not allowed before, I guess I assumed it was because the balance was too low.

All I have is the date and the total, can they still do it with just that? I've always been under the impression that it's very tedious and time-consuming.

Last week (ish) we had a guest come in and ask if we could help her get the transactions for three dates from our store. She was able to give ap the dates, the totals, and the last four digits of her account number. With those three things, ap had the print outs to her in less than five minutes.

Oh I hadn't thought about the card number, I have that as well. I'll talk to the opening GSTL tomorrow when I go in. Thanks!

Last week (ish) we had a guest come in and ask if we could help her get the transactions for three dates from our store. She was able to give ap the dates, the totals, and the last four digits of her account number. With those three things, ap had the print outs to her in less than five minutes.

You can swipe a Gift Card, Credit Card, or any RedCard on POS, and pull up every receipt from the past 90 days. Once again, I don't know the exact prompts, but, I think it was easy to do.

Do you know if you can actually view the DPCIs on the register? If so I'll just have guest service look at it after my shift.

Whaaaaaat??????? Ok, that is not in the training manual, nor do I have any clue how one would go about that.....nor do the GSTLs or ETLs.

Wait...I think I know what you are referring to. There is an option to "see receipts" when you swipe the card or scan the receipt. But all that does is give you the receipt number or give an error. We certainly can't do any of the things that you suggest here.

Do you mean the training manual? We keep that up at our guest services, and I read through it recently out of boredom...there was nothing in there about any of this.

Yeah you can't print a duplicate receipt after the K6 Reprint Receipt window is missed. Any duplicates must be printed via InsidePOS (AP has their own system that can do this as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back