Archived Stuff You Still Don't Know How to Do.

Greatest Fear?

• The waitress at the restaurant forgetting about you.

• Accidentally bending your legs the opposite way.

• Fear of getting electrocuted when plugging in appliances.

• The battery in your phone exploding.

• Finding a spider in the toilet paper roll.

• Your phone alarm somehow failing to ring even though it's never done so.

• The cashier giving you a look for buying 2 donuts, obviously for yourself.

• Showing up to a costume party, only to realize it was LAST weekend.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's what I thought. But the last time I tried that, I didn't see an option for picked up. All I could do was refund money. Really weird. It's one of those things that was just glossed over in training. I want to figure it out because I have some people to train. Lol, I'll mess with it tonight somehow.
Read what @LUR99 said. This is what happens when you scan a P&L receipt.

I can't do anything involving spiderwrap.

Still can't make a bale. Which, considering I'm closing BRTM once or twice a week is pretty bad. I've only been asked to make one 2-3 times, but I feel so stupid when I have to say "I've never made one. I watched someone make one once, but I don't know what to do." I need someone to make a bale with me...after doing that once I should be good to do it on my own.

I loathe using the crown. If we had more space it'd be okay, but I can never go at things at the right angle because I can't back up far enough or whatever- I always bump in to stuff. I can eventually do what I need to do, but it takes me a long time.

Still can't make a bale. Which, considering I'm closing BRTM once or twice a week is pretty bad. I've only been asked to make one 2-3 times, but I feel so stupid when I have to say "I've never made one. I watched someone make one once, but I don't know what to do." I need someone to make a bale with me...after doing that once I should be good to do it on my own.

I loathe using the crown. If we had more space it'd be okay, but I can never go at things at the right angle because I can't back up far enough or whatever- I always bump in to stuff. I can eventually do what I need to do, but it takes me a long time.

I started writing out a reply but I realized it's hard to describe this. So I drew a shitty MSPaint diagram instead. I spend a lot of time using the stacker/crown because I'm one of the few "strong" people in our SFS team, so I usually get tasked with picking all of the SIO items, which means dealing with pallets at the top of the steel. I'm not amazing with the crown, but I'm probably one of the more experienced dayside operators aside from our BRTL and Overnight ETLs.

Attachments

• Crown.png
    Crown.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 65
I started writing out a reply but I realized it's hard to describe this. So I drew a shitty MSPaint diagram instead. I spend a lot of time using the stacker/crown because I'm one of the few "strong" people in our SFS team, so I usually get tasked with picking all of the SIO items, which means dealing with pallets at the top of the steel. I'm not amazing with the crown, but I'm probably one of the more experienced dayside operators aside from our BRTL and Overnight ETLs.

Solid explanation with that diagram. Instinct tells us (or me, at least) to swing wide when approaching the pallet, when you actually want to be pretty close to the steels, then just make a really sharp turn.

I've gotten fairly good with the crown, it still scares me... everytime

Firefox, that diagram is awesome! A TM I've never really liked that much actually gave me the super helpful hint of trying to "hug" the side of the pallet with the leg of the crown. It felt so counter-intuitive at the time, but it really helped me a lot.

Between that tip and your diagram, it really seems like the key to mastering the crown is to just do the opposite of what feels intuitive :confused:

still don't know what to do with boxes with 007 black & those blankish green labels on the line

There's a guy in our BR who is like a CROWN wizard. Seriously he's super fast and accident free. I feel like a sloth in comparison, and I can never seem to grab a pallet straight, so I can set it on the floor. I always have to push on it so I can lower it between the "feet".

I made a bale once. I did most of it on my own, but a TL helped me tie the wires because I was pressed for time.

Next time a bale needs to be made, offer to help someone do it. That way, you can learn all the steps hands-on. If you need to, make a list of all the steps so you don't forget anything when you do it on your own.

The Crown scares the hell out of me. Even when our receiver (who's basically an expert) uses it, I get super nervous and stand way back.

On the crown is, the feet at the bottom & the forks up top.. Just think like a big truck on the bottom part. On the forks, stop, raise the forks, & line to the center bar of the pallet. Go slow, watch the feet.

Always take 10 seconds for safety & make sure the area around clear & safe, before you start.

I can move the crown if I HAVE to... It scared the shit out of me when ETL AP showed me how to use it lmao. I would never dream of trying to get a pallet from the steel with it myself.

I can move the crown if I HAVE to... It scared the shit out of me when ETL AP showed me how to use it lmao. I would never dream of trying to get a pallet from the steel with it myself.
We used to not wrap alot of stuff we put up in the steel until one fateful super busy day during a chaotic seasonal day a TL and then an ETL dropped pallets during different times of the day, luckily with no one hurt but damaged a ton of product and blocked shit for a long time. Now everything gets wrapped.

We used to not wrap alot of stuff we put up in the steel until one fateful super busy day during a chaotic seasonal day a TL and then an ETL dropped pallets during different times of the day, luckily with no one hurt but damaged a ton of product and blocked shit for a long time. Now everything gets wrapped.

The only pallets that get wrapped at my store are pallets of paper products/water/etc. Everything else is just thrown up in the steel, sometimes with one of those big rubber bands.

I'm also not entirely sure how to properly make the cleaning stuff at the right temperature and it's been too long for me to ask

You mean sanitizer?
You go to the sink in FA where there's a concentration control valve above the faucet with two small knobs (one for soap & one for sanitizer)
Make sure the COLD water tap is set before turning on the sanitizer knob.
Let it run until the solution turns white before filling your bottle, then switch it off.
Sanitizer should be about ~70o & should test (with pH paper) between 200-400 PPM.

I don't understand (after this long) why pulls labeled "priority pull" are ignored by the salesfloor and generally the last thing to be done. Their definition of "priority" confuses me.

We have been complete assholes about people pushing our stuff since most is for second locations or flex which they backstock. So after much yelling they won't touch them. If we want it dine right we do it.

Example pull two cases of zip lock bags for an end cap - they open one case push two boxes backstock the rest. We find it the backstock and have to repush it and audit backstock for our missing product. Cause they can't be bothered to scan it. Why? It clears the line faster.

1. How to make a bale. I don't know which knobs or buttons to turn/press, but I can tell you what's supposed to happen and to be careful with the wires 'cause they can practically take a person's eye out if/when they snap. All I remember from being trained on it ~2 years ago is yelling at a dumbass I've known for most of my life to get out of the bale's landing zone so he wouldn't lose his foot or something.
2. Where is my backroom team hiding the LPDAs? I can't adjust the backroom counts when I have to pull something for a guest because the MyDevices don't have a subtract function!!! I know how to do it, they just hide the equipment, which makes both our jobs harder in the grand scheme of things.
3. The code for rainchecks- I know it involves the digits 9,8,0, and 1, but I can never remember in which order, and, apparently, neither can anyone else at my store.

2. Where is my backroom team hiding the LPDAs? I can't adjust the backroom counts when I have to pull something for a guest because the MyDevices don't have a subtract function!!! I know how to do it, they just hide the equipment, which makes both our jobs harder in the grand scheme of things.

You still have LPDAs? When you look at the details page of the item (on the MyDevice), next to the backroom locations there should be a "Take" button. It has you scan the backroom location, then it asks how many you are going to pull. I actually prefer it to SUBT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back