Archived Stuff You Still Don't Know How to Do.

Greatest Fear?

• The waitress at the restaurant forgetting about you.

• Accidentally bending your legs the opposite way.

• Fear of getting electrocuted when plugging in appliances.

• The battery in your phone exploding.

• Finding a spider in the toilet paper roll.

• Your phone alarm somehow failing to ring even though it's never done so.

• The cashier giving you a look for buying 2 donuts, obviously for yourself.

• Showing up to a costume party, only to realize it was LAST weekend.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And please know that the backroom is on channel 4 (my ETL-GE had to tell me this while I was working SD one day).
I wish we were allowed to have our own channel. Instead when I'm backroom I have to listen to our annoying gsa screaming over the walkie "we need back up, we need backup desperately. We need back up on 5, 10, express lanes. Who is responding. Why is there no one up here." it's fun

I hate scanning outs in softlines. At least at my store, their doesn't seem to be any organization of the tables. One table will be o25 and the table next to it is o60. Makes no sense.

I figured out an easy way to scan Research on softlines tables without having to track down the next table in the task list. Since the myDevices automatically put you in the task closest to the item you scan, in Research mode, start scanning any table. If it bring up the screen asking you to input the quantity then do so. If you get the normal item information screen, skip to the next table. When done with the table, hit "Done". After you've scanned all the tables go through the task list and hit done on all the table tasks left for that Dept (because they don't really exist). Saves a ton of time trying to track down each table by number. I just scan through all the tables one after the other.

I figured out an easy way to scan Research on softlines tables without having to track down the next table in the task list. Since the myDevices automatically put you in the task closest to the item you scan, in Research mode, start scanning any table. If it bring up the screen asking you to input the quantity then do so. If you get the normal item information screen, skip to the next table. When done with the table, hit "Done". After you've scanned all the tables go through the task list and hit done on all the table tasks left for that Dept (because they don't really exist). Saves a ton of time trying to track down each table by number. I just scan through all the tables one after the other.
I just start scanning at one side of the area I'm in and just scan the whole area, and then click done when Im done.

Orange CLEARANCE clips are used for clearance items that have been ticketed by the Price Accuracy team and are ready to be pushed to the floor.
Dark blue PRICE CHANGES clips are used to identify product that needs to be ticketed by the Price Accuracy team.

We still have backroom TMs who have been around for years who still don't know to blue clip stuff that I need to ticket. If I see an orange clip I assume that it's done.

I've never seen all those color clips lol. I've only seen back stock, priority pull and clearance. But I probably just don't notice the others.

Re 4 in that list, you'll know which thing you're responsible for because your lod will surely annoy you on the walkie until you make your way to the back and take it.

Is there a way to change the value of a coupon? A guest today bought 2 suave products that cost $2.84 and the coupon said "buy one, get one free" with a maximum value of a $6.99 discount. When I scanned the coupon, it took $6.99 off. The GSTL didn't know how to change it so he told me to just accept it, despite the coupon saying "coupon value may not exceed item's price".

It can be! Find something that makes sense where you're putting it, print a generic label, put it in a flip label holder and put both the product and the label where you want it to go.

The big things are things making sense and the flip label holder, in my opinion. If there is already product around where you're flexing, you should attempt to stay within that theme. If you're flexing onto a Lego endcap that's exhibiting a sale, for instance, choose more Legos that are on sale to flex in and not Monster High dolls.

The flip label holder ensures that once the out-of-stock product comes in the label can be pulled off, the correct product can be stocked in the location, and the planogram can be maintained. I cannot tell you how annoying it is when someone throws away planogrammed labels (especially peg locations) when they are flexing and I have to redo the section when product finally comes back in...
Exactly dude. Some people at my store think "flexing" is putting an item with the same price point there, sometimes not even the same price. It irritates me and especially when they print a label and put it in without a flip. Friggin sucks

It's super easy to pull and backstock.

My thing that I don't understand is literally everything softlines. I get so lost when going through those areas.
Lol yeah. When I'm asked about anything there, I am like wtf in my head. I always took to see if there is anyone in red in sight, but then I realize we have like one person on the floor there lol :D

Lol yeah. When I'm asked about anything there, I am like wtf in my head. I always took to see if there is anyone in red in sight, but then I realize we have like one person on the floor there lol :D
theres always at least two to three people in softlines at my store, then theres only one person on hardlines. softlines always complains that they're the only ones that go up for backup... but they're basically the only ones on the salesfloor haha

theres always at least two to three people in softlines at my store, then theres only one person on hardlines. softlines always complains that they're the only ones that go up for backup... but they're basically the only ones on the salesfloor haha
I'm on Plano and I literally will turn my Walkie off after the second request verbally over the Walkie "can anyone get that call?" Or "sales floor, who is responding to that guest backup!?" Last time I went up on my own will, because my etl was right across the aisle on an end cap, I was up there for 15 minutes because we had one cashier.. And even though I turn my light off, here comes another customer just throwing their crap up on the belt. With my luck, I always get the old lady or overly up tight soccer mom who is staring straight at the computer screen, and of course there is a price discrepancy....

^^The soccer mom who has her face buried in her phone, scan an item twice. If she notices fix it, if not. Oops!

I don't really know what to do with NOF items. If I'm near guest service, I'll bring it up there and I assume they mark it down. But if I'm in the backroom, I'm guilty of just dumping it in one of the piles of price change.

Asants. My sure is channel two.

Clips missing from above post:
Light purple QMOS clips are for food that's been marked out of the system but needs thrown away/processed for compost.
There's a DONATION clip, I think it's yellow for items already processed that are waiting for pickup by donation partners.

And there's a bright blue STORE PICK-UP clip, used for clipping to a flat with an oversized FF order.

We still have backroom TMs who have been around for years who still don't know to blue clip stuff that I need to ticket. If I see an orange clip I assume that it's done.

I used to do that before I actually worked a few price change shifts (and actually read the phrase on the clip).

I don't understand how they put up a planogram on a shelf or area where the stuff is put on pegboards.
I can't seem to follow how the labels are counted.

I can get as far as understand how to find the pegboard, but how to figure out their location numbers......I can figure out which section the item goes to, but having to figure out the rest.....well, the numbers just don't seems to follow any normal way to count.

As you can see, even trying to explain what I still don't understand isn't easy!

If I don't know, I ask the TL, then the responsibility/accountability three weeks later when they realize no label was printed, is off my shoulders.

I don't understand how they put up a planogram on a shelf or area where the stuff is put on pegboards.

I can get as far as understand how to find the pegboard, but how to figure out their location numbers......I can figure out which section the item goes to, but having to figure out the rest.....well, the numbers just don't seems to follow any normal way to count.

As you can see, even trying to explain what I still don't understand isn't easy!
Battleship. Each peg hole is counted by number from top to bottom and letter from side to side. Whether it's left to rough or right to left is dependant on standard or reverse.

So if the peg is at 6g it's six off the basedeck and seven across.

I get what you mean. Planograms often don't make much sense in the way the pegs are numbered. It gets even worse when revisions come into play, I once set a revision that took the lip balm/chapstick section of the cold care aisle and made what was more or less a straight forward right-to-left numbering scheme into a completely out of numerical sequence mess. Shelf strips do this sometimes too, just yesterday I set a revision on a shelf that had location 2 on a shelf precede location 1.

SigningMinion, I don't think Pellinore means where the pegs are located on the pegboard but more that they often don't follow a simple, 1-p1-1 -> 1-p1-2 ect layout, but often skip numbers, put higher numbers before lower numbers, or generally make a mockery of the whole point of making locations easier to find by labelling them numerically.

For the longest time I didn't know you could cash out gift cards that were $5 or less.
Custo-excuse me, guests would ask me to cash out gift cards that had, like, 72 cents and I'd be like "NO! we can't do that, tf you think this is?"
Problem was, half the store (including management) also didn't know you could do that so I kinda had to figure that one out on my own.
Oh, and when I say figure it out on my own, I really mean I witnessed it happen at a different store that actually knew what they were doing.

For the longest time I didn't know you could cash out gift cards that were $5 or less.
Custo-excuse me, guests would ask me to cash out gift cards that had, like, 72 cents and I'd be like "NO! we can't do that, tf you think this is?"
Problem was, half the store (including management) also didn't know you could do that so I kinda had to figure that one out on my own.
Oh, and when I say figure it out on my own, I really mean I witnessed it happen at a different store that actually knew what they were doing.

This is only possible at stores where this is the law that it must be done upon request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back