Archived Stupid things people have been fired for at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a GSTL fired for sleeping with various cashiers and GSTMs. Worst part is that he was ratted out by the same TMs he was screwing around with....
If there were enough of them that you can use the word "various" I can't say I'm surprised. I'm more surprised there wasn't violence in the workplace.

Probably late to the party but....
-A Target Mobile guy got fired for stealing video games and DVDs and for leaving the Apple cabinet open which allowed for this girl to steal $800 worth of shit from it.
-A food Ave TM kept buying herself food and forgetting to pay for it and at one point she ended up stealing $200 worth of food. They didn't give her a chance to clear out her locker and there were cops outside. I was actually kind of sad about that because I really liked her.
-A TM was fired for changing clothes in the break room instead of the restroom. This was long ago but a veteran TM told me.
-My favorite GSTL was fired for not properly taking time off when she had to get surgery.
-The old ETL-LOG had the option of quitting or getting fired for not keeping the backrook up to standards and for standing around and for repeatedly leaving us with bad zones whenever he closed because he'd rather us push tubs all night instead. The sales floor SrTL got him in big trouble for that

Last edited:
How do you steal 200 bucks worth of food from the cafe???

How could it go on for years? AP knew and just allowed it?

Color me puzzled...

How could it go on for years? AP knew and just allowed it?

Color me puzzled...

They were probably waiting for it to be enough to call the police in.
Seems kind of shitty, just fire the person or warn them and if they do it again then fire them but to play it out so you can arrest them is kind of obnoxious.
''
Was it meant to make a point?
Not saying she didn't deserve to pay for being a thief but that seems very Machiavellian.

My store never gave any one a warning about theft because they'd simply try to be more covert.

Has anyone had a team member termed for something they did outside of work? (DUI, ETC.)

1. Taking keys home from work center but returning them within the hour, on the very same day.
2. HRTM not keying in training into training meter, that wasn't done. Training meter going red for week. Leaders knew training needed to be done two months ahead of time. Notices were given twice weekly. Only one not completed in time. Fired for not keying the training. So basically fired for not falsifying documents.

Number one is an honest mistake and ridiculous.

As for number two that is frustrating. I feel like even if you got in trouble for that I would call the hotline on my leadership. I feel like corporate would find them in the wrong.

Number one is an honest mistake and ridiculous.

As for number two that is frustrating. I feel like even if you got in trouble for that I would call the hotline on my leadership. I feel like corporate would find them in the wrong.

As a HRTM I agree with you. We can also get fired if we key in training that hasn't been completed. My STL has some training she needs to do by Saturday or she will go in the red, ugh. I have brought it up to her almost daily the last two weeks and put print outs of training that needs to be completed on her desk several times. It has her name on it and is highlighted in yellow.

As a HRTM I agree with you. We can also get fired if we key in training that hasn't been completed. My STL has some training she needs to do by Saturday or she will go in the red, ugh. I have brought it up to her almost daily the last two weeks and put print outs of training that needs to be completed on her desk several times. It has her name on it and is highlighted in yellow.

Ah yes I also send them calendar invites that the training is due, I swear they don't care until we go in thr red then it's our fault.

Ah yes I also send them calendar invites that the training is due, I swear they don't care until we go in thr red then it's our fault.
Ohh I like the calendar invite idea, I may have to steal that! I have been sending out emails, talking to the team members, to the leaders. The leaders are pretty good about completing the list I give them but my STL is not ugh :mad:.

Not my store, but one Mobile girl was gave away free phones to her friends. Apparently she was called into a meeting for something else, assumed it was about the phones and admitted it outright. I was furious when I found out, because I had worked with her and fought for her to help keep her job through a slow start several months earlier.

Our store is connected to a mall and there are restaurants on the surrounding parts of it. So we had a cart guy who would go around the mall to pick up carts and then would sttop at one of the restaurants that had a full bar and get completely hammered! He did it a couple times but eventually got caught and was obviously terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back