Archived Stupid things people have been fired for at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got threatened with firing, when I told AP that a Trainee told me, that he had seen an IPAD (still in its packaging) in the Produce cooler.

After I approached AP about the issue.

I was told, that I should not talk about active investigations, as it can be deemed immediate grounds for Termination. I was like, wait...., I was trying to do the right thing? To this day I don't call AP for anything.

I learned my lesson.

I literally card everyone for age-restricted items, and the rest of my team pretty much does the same to my knowledge.

The way I see it, it’s not worth risking any kind of disciplinary action over something that doesn’t benefit me in any way. 99% of guests do not care in the slightest about being carded, and the ones that do get pissy aren’t the types of people that will be satisfied with anything I do.

I literally card everyone for age-restricted items, and the rest of my team pretty much does the same to my knowledge.

The way I see it, it’s not worth risking any kind of disciplinary action over something that doesn’t benefit me in any way. 99% of guests do not care in the slightest about being carded, and the ones that do get pissy aren’t the types of people that will be satisfied with anything I do.

Same. I don't care if you look 18 or 81. I card everyone if the screen prompts me to do so. Better safe than sorry. AP is constantly watching. Cops are testing people. I can't let my guard down whenever I am at the registers.

Same. I don't care if you look 18 or 81. I card everyone if the screen prompts me to do so. Better safe than sorry. AP is constantly watching. Cops are testing people. I can't let my guard down whenever I am at the registers.

I had a young couple arguing with me and refusing to let me just scan their IDs for cold medicine today. I raved about it on the site chat. Long story short; I realllly hate people, almost half the people I ask for ID are either; Surprised, Irritated, or simply just don't want to and fight with me, happened a few times, just like today.

We had a TM tell AP that someone keeps stealing dvds and cds in HL. So Ap started to investigate and found out it was that same TM. He was concealing the merchandise in the desks drawers in furniture and then take the cases to GS. Then go back before close and take the discs. :rolleyes:

I had a young couple arguing with me and refusing to let me just scan their IDs for cold medicine today. I raved about it on the site chat. Long story short; I realllly hate people, almost half the people I ask for ID are either; Surprised, Irritated, or simply just don't want to and fight with me, happened a few times, just like today.

99% of the guests I encounter don't give a damn that I'm carding them. We're far from the only ones carding everyone.

I went to chat to read about your experience. I feel you. Had similar experiences. Your TL seems cool and smart. He didn't cave and make you sell it to the guests against policy anyway. Obeyed the law.

He was termed immediately. Target doesn't play with liquor violations.

Every team member is required to take the alcohol sales quiz before they touch a register. If your store isn't doing that they are screwed
Liquor, much like tobacco, does come with legal consequences.

Hryk. We told our gstl not to just be mindful of Target policy but our local laws.

A few years ago one of our electronics team members had walked out the door to go home forgetting he still had the electronics keys on him, he didn't even make it to his car before he realized he still had them and brought them back inside. He was our best electronics tm at the time and they fired him for it.

I don't believe this story not to say you are lying but he had to already be on a corrective. Returning missing keys is only a CA. It's only a final or a term if you lose keys and don't tell anyone

We had a FR Tm who does that but she sets it aside and buy it later. She got fired.

Wow. I used to do all of our online item things. I always put them out on the floor though. Fate is my budget method. If I can find it once I clock out, it was meant to be. Otherwise, it just wasn't in the cards. *Edit: everything is in past tense because I'm now afraid to buy online items because of the following story*

We had a couple of price accuracy tms fired for similar though. They'd keep things on the bottom of their cart. One was buying things for another tm though. The other tm doesn't bring her wallet to work "so she won't spend money." And then she'd pay back the tm who ended up being fired. Kinda shitty. The one who is still around still hides stuff in the fr waiting for prices to drop.

Last edited:
our brtm got fired for throwing empty boxes and cursing.. but it was just in the backroom and no one could really hear him unless you were back there soooo idk why he had to get fired for it

I don't believe this story not to say you are lying but he had to already be on a corrective. Returning missing keys is only a CA. It's only a final or a term if you lose keys and don't tell anyone

It seems a bit off to me too. I would think that there had to be something else at play for that to lead to a term, even if they were looking to get rid of him.

Every team member is required to take the alcohol sales quiz before they touch a register. If your store isn't doing that they are screwed

No. In Illinois, it's not just about being of age to sell. There's a 4 hour training program, and it costs bookoo bux. Plus the town we're in requires an additional registration and even more money. So we don't get this training until Spot decides to keep us around. I was hired right before seasonal began and went through my training at about 6 weeks.

If you aren't BASSETT trained in Illinois (and in our town, also registered with the police department), you don't ring alcohol. Period. No matter how old you are. And I don't think any of the seasonal hires last year received that training until they became permanent. Up until about May or so, either a GSA/GSTL/higher needed to step in with a supervisor over-ride, or the cashier would have to suspend the transaction so another trained TM could log in and complete. And if the cashier had already scanned the alcohol, the system would not allow me to retrieve the suspend, so I'd have to re-ring everything. Over the summer, though, the software updated to allow any trained TM to step in with our own login mid-transaction, even though we don't have supervisor permissions.

However, there is also an alcohol sales module in Workbench, and I suspect that's what you're referring to. I wasn't put through any Workbench training at all until after Christmas was over. And it honestly felt like an "oh crap, we forgot to do this".

Wow. I used to do all of our online item things. I always put them out on the floor though. Fate is my budget method. If I can find it once I clock out, it was meant to be. Otherwise, it just wasn't in the cards

Purchasing guidelines say hiding merchandise in the back or in your cart is a fireable offense.

Also says you can be fired for reactivating salvage merchandise and purchasing it clearance

Purchasing guidelines say hiding merchandise in the back or in your cart is a fireable offense.

Also says you can be fired for reactivating salvage merchandise and purchasing it clearance

Yup. I know. I was wowing that the comment I responded to didn't put it on the floor. No one ever buys that online shit right away. But since those women in my store were fired, I'm afraid to buy online items if I did the change. They found those ladies through tracking their transactions and a log of their price change activities. Idk that waiting until I clock out is enough to make it obvious in the system that I didn't hide things. I don't buy online stuff at all anymore. Guess I didn't make that point in my first comment lol

So many people in my store hide stuff tbh. They used those women to scare the rest and honestly it didn't work. They just got better at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back