Archived Stupid things people have been fired for at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local self-proclaimed bad boy of spot bragged constantly about how much he 5-finger discounted while working in electronics and even openly gave advice to others on how to snag food items - just walk close to a shelf, quickly grab a packet of Grandmas Cookies and shove it in your pocket - "they'll never know as long as you know where the cameras are. This was done even in front of TLs. Took quite a while but eventually AP created a nice file of video. When he was termed he was all "I've been set up! They're just jealous! F***ing Spot! They're making this up 'cause they don't like me! I'm suing!" We all waved bye to him as AP marched him out the door.

Stealing deli meat out of the cooler and eating the evidence.

I can just imagine a market tm grabbing a loaf of bread, a jar of mayo and just walking into the deli fridge on their 15 minute break, pulling a pack of turkey meat from a location and eating it right there in the fridge while chilling on facebook. Probably even bring some milk crates in with them to make a table n chair...lmaoojfdljdsklfjasdl;j

What's even funnier is that they won't be caught because there are no cameras in the coolers

We have had someone stealing hot pockets for the last 2 years and can't figure out who. There are no cameras in the break room and even if there was you can't prove they just didn't bring it in from outside in their pocket

seasonal noob got hired a few weeks ago, made a big deal about wanting to stay on after the holidays, pestered the STL about it saying he really really really needed the money and full-time employment, etc. STL assigned him to me for some training, which he picked up on pretty quickly and in no time he was helping guests like he'd done it for a while.

so far so good, I was in the exact same situation when I got hired. I even told the STL that my noob was doing a pretty good job up til that point. Keep in mind this was no punk kid living at home w/parents, guy was married and in his late 30s.

but then the 45-minute breaks started. He was disappearing from our work area for no reason, spending way too long in the restroom, taking an hour meal break, etc. He'd try to flirt with pretty much any female team member who happened to walk by us. Then last week he no-call/no-showed for 5 days straight, then suddenly showed up on day #6 as if nothing had happened and asked me where to go. I just looked at him funny and said "home" and he just chuckled and walked out. WTF?

99% of the guests I encounter don't give a damn that I'm carding them. We're far from the only ones carding everyone.
I don’t mind being carded. The scanning weirds me out (and did long before I was a TM). I’m sure that more than your birthdate is in that barcode. Why does Target need all that info? With all the data breaches these days I prefer to control who gets what info.
I’ve thought about using my passport for this reason as it doesn’t have a barcode

I don’t mind being carded. The scanning weirds me out (and did long before I was a TM). I’m sure that more than your birthdate is in that barcode. Why does Target need all that info? With all the data breaches these days I prefer to control who gets what info.
I’ve thought about using my passport for this reason as it doesn’t have a barcode
I just always thought it was because a fake I.D. wouldn’t scan or something

The bar code is a safeguard from fake IDs. Also keying a birth date manually is prone to human error.

I've heard of cashiers getting complaints from tinfoil hatted weirdos who think ID barcode scanning is some kind of Orwellian New World Order surveillance conspiracy by the Man *cue X-Files theme music* it's extra LOL because 99% of them have an iPhone in their pocket at that very moment

At my old store there was a TM on Flow who would backstock in the HBA stockroom. The cameras caught her taking deodorant from the backstock, using it on her arm pits, then returning it to the Waco. Apparently, this happened almost every shift she worked.

Last edited:
I wasn't at Target when this happened but one of my LODs told me about a former lead they had, I think back in '06 who liked to crush and snort Adderall bars and then come to work. one day he was riding the forklift at full speed through the backroom while tweaked and rammed into a TM who was sitting in a chair at the receiving desk. LOD said when they watched the tape you could see her getting spun out of the chair and flung a good distance away & of course it blew her back/neck completely out. Thankfully for her the company paid her hospital bills but she was still injured badly enough that she had to retire. The tweaked out guy didn't have a scrip for his bars so he went directly to jail, did not pass Go and did not collect $200. crazy shit yo

At my old store their was a TM on Flow who would backstock in the HBA stockroom. The cameras caught her taking deodorant from the backstock, using it on her arm pits, then returning it to the Waco. Apparently, this happened almost every shift she worked.

Lol

What's even funnier is that they won't be caught because there are no cameras in the coolers

We have had someone stealing hot pockets for the last 2 years and can't figure out who. There are no cameras in the break room and even if there was you can't prove they just didn't bring it in from outside in their pocket
I think the true crime is that someone is desperate enough to risk their job over something as shitty as a Hot Pocket..

Gsa caught stealing from cash office
Etl was requisitioning stuff for himself to take home
AP tl was stealing ipads
Ap Tm ( or whatever was her title ) , was hiding hatchimals to resell online
3 softline tms were doing a lot of repackaging and buying at a deep discount and using their discounts...
Tm was not clocking in because he was always late , and was doing punch corrections to make it like he arrived on time !

stealing anything is p. risky period but I literally cannot fathom how or why someone could go after high-value electronics and not expect to get caught

not only are higher-priced items more likely to attract attention when they go missing but electronics in particular, like iPads, etc. have unique serial numbers that make them easy to track down, so you're not only risking getting caught by the AP but also taking another additional big risk by flipping items with hot serial numbers. I dunno, it just seems like a very shitty risk-to-reward ratio here and I don't ever plan on getting sent to the big house (especially not over a few grand)

Not once have I ever even considered stealing, but sometimes when people pay in cash and I’m counting it I will think “this right here is more money than one of my paychecks.” Like I could get the temptation, but I’ve never considered it. Would rather have regular average income than a lot at once

Not once have I ever even considered stealing, but sometimes when people pay in cash and I’m counting it I will think “this right here is more money than one of my paychecks.” Like I could get the temptation, but I’ve never considered it. Would rather have regular average income than a lot at once

Also a sense of satisfaction knowing you worked for your money.

Besides -- catching someone kimming a register is like shooting a fish in a barrel.

Also a sense of satisfaction knowing you worked for your money.

Besides -- catching someone kimming a register is like shooting a fish in a barrel.
Oh yeah, way too easy. One of the first thing I tell seasonals when I’m training them - “always hold the cash up and out above the keyboard before the drawer opens. You don’t wanna keep it low and make it look like you’re putting it in your pocket because there are cameras and they ARE watching to make sure you’re not taking any.” I try to squash the thought before it occurs lol

heh. Your passport has an rfid tag. Keep your RFID passport data secure - http://www.practicalhacks.com/2011/05/02/keep-your-rfid-passport-data-secure/

So by all means use your passport.

Oh, the days of you controlling your info are over if you want interact with society. your want control, be a prepper and disconnect.

I wasn't at Target when this happened but one of my LODs told me about a former lead they had, I think back in '06 who liked to crush and snort Adderall bars and then come to work. one day he was riding the forklift at full speed through the backroom while tweaked and rammed into a TM who was sitting in a chair at the receiving desk. LOD said when they watched the tape you could see her getting spun out of the chair and flung a good distance away & of course it blew her back/neck completely out. Thankfully for her the company paid her hospital bills but she was still injured badly enough that she had to retire. The tweaked out guy didn't have a scrip for his bars so he went directly to jail, did not pass Go and did not collect $200. crazy shit yo
If that happened to ours she would be flown out the dock doors and down a 12 foot drop to the concrete below.

ETL GE stole over 10K to handle gambling debt

This random new chick literally went on a 15 and disappeared... came back from her next shift.. walked in, stayed for 5 minutes and walked out.
Then came back for her check. Bizarre girl.

This old crazy cashier stole a significant amount of money, took a while for AP to catch on.

Just termed one of my favorite former Seasonals for pocketing a gift card... idiot -.- (it was one of the promo ones you give to the guest for buying something)

When cashier came in and asked me where I️ wanted them I️ sent them straight to the AP office and after they were termed they walked right past me ,furious and nearly in tears, and I️ didn’t bat a eye. Was incredibly disappointed.

ah the old "gambling debt" excuse...unless you're in debt to the Gambino family I'd say it's still not worth the risk

Seasonal Cashiers would "forget" to give a gift card to the customer and keep it for themselves. A cart attendant lost his temper at a customer and throw a bottle at her (didn't hit her) and then called the LOD a fat cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back