Stupid things Target could do in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be awesome IF they had set people working overnights.

I fear a 10p-3am shift followed by 12p-9p the next day. Because they're jerks like that.

A part of me feels like that wouldn't happen just due to the plethora of people who can work dayside aka everybody right now compared to the very few people who would be willing to do overnight.
This is be for very high volume stores that are most likely super targets.

I fear a 10p-3am shift followed by 12p-9p the next day. Because they're jerks like that.

A part of me feels like that wouldn't happen just due to the plethora of people who can work dayside aka everybody right now compared to the very few people who would be willing to do overnight.

Our overnight team would mutiny if they had to work with guests in the store.

In Alaska a 24 hour store would do well, at least during the summer.
When the sun doesn't really go down for a month and only goes down for about four hours the other two, people get pretty wired.
You will get people doing their weekly shopping at 2 am and playing baseball at midnight.

Ours didn't mutiny when we went to 4AM and they had to deal with guests when we open at 8. I thought there'd be issues since a good chunk don't speak English too well. No they just ask dayside for help. Including the 4AM TLs.

I would pay to see that, it would quickly cull the slackers and ones who refuse to speak English(we have several, they talk to the LOD perfectly, but me or any others including guests, no English). And the others who cackle like chickens but don't actually do much until the LOD walks by.

But I fear that you will have to available 24hrs a day.

We lost our GE-ETL becuase if cuts. It was either her or the Hardlines-ETL.

AE 2015:

Stores will have 1 STL, 1 ETL-HR/AP, and 1 TLOD. The TLOD is responsible for making sure the STL and ETL-HR/AP have lunch delivered.

GSTL positions will be eliminated and 1 cashier will be given a walkie, iPod, and cash drawer keys as well as a free soda from Target Cafe. They will be in charge of the 24 self-checkouts.

Carts will get rental boxes on them. If a guest does not return the cart to the inside of the store, they do not get their quarter back.

Flow teams will be replaced with drones that can scan an item and fly it to the shelf it belongs on, as well as backstock it if it is full.

All guests must have a Redcard to buy something at Target. Cash guests will be referred to Walmart.

Guests wishing to purchase a locked-up item will go to the appropriate vending machine in electronics and insert their Redcard to pay for the item they want.

Target Cafe is being replaced with snack and soda vending machines. Starbucks will be replaced with a Keurig and you can use your Redcard in the vending machine next to it to get your FAVORITE blend!

All returns will be made back to Target.com only. Stores will no longer have a guest service desk.

All sales floor Team members will be replaced with drones carrying iPods that will use voice recognition to help guests find something.

We understand these changes will be very hard on the team, and as an incentive to implement these changes we will offer all surviving Team Members a 3 cent raise, which we think is very fair and in line with the market.

I have heard for stores that have cafe and Starbucks both those team lead jobs will be cut and the GSTL will turn into the front end team lead who will be in charge of all three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back