Stupid things Target could do in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they combine HR and GE, hopefully the GE at my store gets to stay. He's eye candy... and also not a jerkypants.

Also heard a rumor they are cutting ALL benefits to full/part time hourly team members. No insurance , no 401k , no vacation time or personal time, etc

Also heard a rumor they are cutting ALL benefits to full/part time hourly team members. No insurance , no 401k , no vacation time or personal time, etc

I thought the magic of Obama care made it so that everyone had to be offered insurance?

I thought the magic of Obama care made it so that everyone had to be offered insurance?
Obama care said you have to offer it to all full time people , or pay a fine. target paying a fine would be cheaper.

Hmm. There's a table talker in our breakroom that says starting in April they're extending full time benefits to everyone averaging 30 hours or more, instead of 32 like it used to be.

Does this mean your benefits in 2015 will be based on 30 hours average from 2014 or starting in 2016?

Why is the real world so confusing.

Does this mean your benefits in 2015 will be based on 30 hours average from 2014 or starting in 2016?

Starting in April 2015, health insurance must be offered to anyone who averaged 30 (29.5) hours or more for the period 1/1/14 to 12/31/24. Those

hmmm i thought it had to be exactly 30.0 hours or higher... just like it had to be 32.0 hours or higher. I had 2 "full time" tms that finished at like 31.7, and 31.8, respectively, and were not rounded up. they left after being with target for 10 years give or take... i could be wrong with the rounding up part but i do remember my TM's being furious and sad about losing their bennies

Starting in April 2015, health insurance must be offered to anyone who averaged 30 (29.5) hours or more for the period 1/1/14 to 12/31/24. Those

hmmm i thought it had to be exactly 30.0 hours or higher... just like it had to be 32.0 hours or higher. I had 2 "full time" tms that finished at like 31.7, and 31.8, respectively, and were not rounded up. they left after being with target for 10 years give or take... i could be wrong with the rounding up part but i do remember my TM's being furious and sad about losing their bennies

I was at 31.7 last year and it rounded up. A friend who works for a company who makes this sort of software tells me the software cannot handle decimals, so it has to round up or down.

I was at 31.7 last year and it rounded up. A friend who works for a company who makes this sort of software tells me the software cannot handle decimals, so it has to round up or down.

dang... thats weird... thanks for sharing

24 hour stores in select markets are coming !

Any news on which ones?

Aw sh!t......

Meh I doubt it'd be bad. Literally who would shop at 3 in the morning. I just think it's weird they're testing overnight stores considering how a bunch of stores lost their overnight and went to 4AM.

Used to work in a 24 hour store (non Target). It was actually better.

Would be interesting to see if they required an LOD on premises at all times then... My previous place didn't

Ikr. I could imagine getting quite a bit done. I just wonder WHO they'd have do it. How it'd work.

Also note to self: Double check availability to make sure I can't do this >.> <.<

Also wait a bloody minute. Isn't AE supposed to save money? This seems like a massive waste if they go through with it.

I think it would be awesome IF they had set people working overnights.

I fear a 10p-3am shift followed by 12p-9p the next day. Because they're jerks like that.

A part of me feels like that wouldn't happen just due to the plethora of people who can work dayside aka everybody right now compared to the very few people who would be willing to do overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back