Style breakout help?

Hey all.

I took over Inbound/GM in November, I have overcome a lot of obstacles and fixed many broken processes my store had. However, one area I am struggling with is style breakout.

My leads are saying that style breakout should always be able to finish. Period. I am being compared to another store close by, whose team apparently finishes daily and also does beauty breakout. I am constantly told that they should be moving faster, however, when I observe the team (with and without them knowing) I don't see pace as an issue.

The sort is fine coming off the line and are folding/hanging to target standards. We don't usually roll a ton of product, but I'm at a loss? Is the time frame given from truck paperwork accurate when it comes to style breakout? I've had days where the style breakout has 12hrs as sort time, they get 5 hours each, include quarantine breakout, plus break for each and still get asked "what's my plan to come clean?"

So your inbound tms are also sorting quarantine reshop? There's an issue right there. I have my 2 8am style tms sort it at the fitting room because GS doesn't have time to hang it correctly, or hangs folded. Then later in the day when more dbos are in they all run it together.

The tiles are accurate believe me . My style break out recently has been from 16h to 21h sort time on doubles . And about 10-13h on single . Everyday is schedule 2 girls on singles 4h each on doubles full shift . When I got back to this store I realized they never finished especially getting to cosmetics breakout. So I found a different way of doing it . One does folded one does hanging at the same time opposes to both doing either folding or hanging together . As for cosmetic breakout my back of the line person does it at the same time with the truck if it’s not getting a lot or after the truck is done.

include quarantine breakout, plus break for each and still get asked "what's my plan to come clean?"
Quarantine shouldn’t be your issue . You job is truck and truck only so I say bring that up to style Etl and say hey listen something gotta give . My breakout out hours are strictly for break out sort and not quarantine, therefor I need to take care of my process first and if there’s time to spare I don’t mind supporting but as of right now my team needs to finish truck .

I have to ask does your baby repacks gets sorted on the line? Are they sent down ro style breakout or do they grab it and the baby dbo sorts it and brings back the rest to style breakout?

I have to ask does your baby repacks gets sorted on the line? Are they sent down ro style breakout or do they grab it and the baby dbo sorts it and brings back the rest to style breakout?

All repacks get sorted prior to getting to our style end. So babies is never mixed in, unless it's a far and few in-between mistake.

Dear God, if I could get them to understand the pain of quarantine... I have expressed my thoughts (as have my breakout) but my store won't budge. Is it said anywhere that a specific team should do it?

So your inbound tms are also sorting quarantine reshop? There's an issue right there. I have my 2 8am style tms sort it at the fitting room because GS doesn't have time to hang it correctly, or hangs folded. Then later in the day when more dbos are in they all run it together.

Trust me, it's definitely not by my choice. It also poses a problem when there's a non-truck day. No one breaks it out. So thus, more roll over. My store won't budge. They say style already has too much on their plate.

All repacks get sorted prior to getting to our style end. So babies is never mixed in, unless it's a far and few in-between mistake.

Dear God, if I could get them to understand the pain of quarantine... I have expressed my thoughts (as have my breakout) but my store won't budge. Is it said anywhere that a specific team should do it?
Pull the guide and show them that your hours are given for break out sort only . The quarantine is basically returns which falls on the department’s and not inbound .

Trust me, it's definitely not by my choice. It also poses a problem when there's a non-truck day. No one breaks it out. So thus, more roll over. My store won't budge. They say style already has too much on their plate.
Truck or no truck your team is scheduled to do truck on trucks day . if you don’t come clean on truck because of the quarantine that’s when I would bitch forgive me but I’m not a quiet one. Ask your Etl what’s a priority for you as an inbound tl . He/she will say truck . Then say okay I need you to have my back with style Etl and explain them that truck is priority and inbound will support when and if they are clean only.

Believe me your Etl wants to be clean . If there was a visit you would be chewed for truck Noh being done not the quarantine stuff that is coming from guest service to be worked by style dbo

We definitely DO have a lot going on, but I would rather have my freight broken out and super sorted and have my Dbos (and me if necessary) deal with quarantine. We haven't been behind in qshop since it started by doing it this way. If truck falls behind I have to take my Dbos OFF the floor to finish breakout which is not ideal.

Truck or no truck your team is scheduled to do truck on trucks day . if you don’t come clean on truck because of the quarantine that’s when I would bitch forgive me but I’m not a quiet one. Ask your Etl what’s a priority for you as an inbound tl . He/she will say truck . Then say okay I need you to have my back with style Etl and explain them that truck is priority and inbound will support when and if they are clean only.

I'm not a quiet one either, I've brought it up several times, as has my team. I know they are feeling frustrated as well because they hear it from the 2 style leads, the VM, the style ETL, my GM ETL, and me. Not that I agree with my peers/bosses, my feedback is more listening to them.

Through them, I had found out how broken the front end process was, no one was attaching RFID stickers because we didn't even have any (that was fun), they weren't attaching tags/dpci's, kept putting underwear in the damn quarantine, weren't processing online items properly...it's been a mess. I know they feel incredibly frustrated.

I can't even get my closing team leader to make sure they bring the quarantine back correctly. They keep piling it on the same pallet. I've told them it has to remain separated or what's the point? My closing team lead will just put in the email "brought back quarantine, we need to make sure it's on the right pallet.".

I'm so proud of my team and what we've accomplished but I can't stand this. I even have a style TM break out half the week due to availability, and she wasn't folding/hanging to standards. The style TLs came to tell me what was wrong with metros, and I had to inform them that was their own team member... I love the look they gave me, brought me great joy that day.

The tiles are accurate believe me . My style break out recently has been from 16h to 21h sort time on doubles . And about 10-13h on single . Everyday is schedule 2 girls on singles 4h each on doubles full shift . When I got back to this store I realized they never finished especially getting to cosmetics breakout. So I found a different way of doing it . One does folded one does hanging at the same time opposes to both doing either folding or hanging together . As for cosmetic breakout my back of the line person does it at the same time with the truck if it’s not getting a lot or after the truck is done.

I saw your attachment too. I could try this, I will have to push back on my leaders, they always want hanging done first. You say you went from being behind to finishing with this? Your attachment shows 14 hours, my team would come clean on like.. 11 hours? Pre quarantine.

My backroom setup will be a challenge also if I have both hanging and folded being done at the same time, but I could try it out.

Also, I haven't said thanks yet. So... Thank you

I saw your attachment too. I could try this, I will have to push back on my leaders, they always want hanging done first. You say you went from being behind to finishing with this? Your attachment shows 14 hours, my team would come clean on like.. 11 hours? Pre quarantine.

My backroom setup will be a challenge also if I have both hanging and folded being done at the same time, but I could try it out.

Also, I haven't said thanks yet. So... Thank you
Yeah they didn’t like the idea of one doing folded and one hanging . But my process my time so my call . And yes they will finish by their by 9:45

I think quarantining the clothes is pointless. I'm obviously no scientist but I doubt people are catching corona from touching clothes. GS should just salvage out underwear and bathing suit bottoms and anything without tags or that looks worn, and put the rest back in regular reshop.

We have 2 breakout people. One does hanging and one does folded. We rearranged a huge chunk of our backroom to give them space to do this. If one finishes first they help the other. None of our baby stuff gets pulled out so they do that too. No quarantine items. They work 4-945.

We are taking 7 trucks each week, double on Monday. 4am unload 1 person works 4 to 8. Next person comes in from 8a to 1pm. If 2nd person can't finish a style tm will go back to help. Unload has nothing to do with quarantine anything in my store. Breakout does baby hardlines. Cosmetics is done by person behind the line. It sucks to have to roll repacks. It's a nightmare for sfs.

We are taking 7 trucks each week, double on Monday. 4am unload 1 person works 4 to 8. Next person comes in from 8a to 1pm. If 2nd person can't finish a style tm will go back to help. Unload has nothing to do with quarantine anything in my store. Breakout does baby hardlines. Cosmetics is done by person behind the line. It sucks to have to roll repacks. It's a nightmare for sfs.
Take mine . I actually got lucky this week only 11 trucks . Feel like I can relax now.
Next week back to 14

Attachments

• 93981DF9-99BB-42DE-A51E-7ABEA4B00DC3.jpeg
    93981DF9-99BB-42DE-A51E-7ABEA4B00DC3.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 22
It really depends on your freight, if its not a lot and I mean given a 3.5 hour shift (minus bathroom breaks and actual breaks) sometimes a team member can get a "5hr workload" done in that 3.5 hr or 4. I would definitely partner with your ETL and both of you should time you inbound TM's and see how long it takes to break out a repack and case pack. It'll take time for them understand OUR metrics because style is just a whole different world. At my store my girls can break out a mixed, folded and/or hanging repack in 8 minutes and a case pack in about 2 min. I hold them accountable to it! Also what helps is bringing in my team about an hour into the truck being thrown so if gm's inbound team comes in at 6 then the style breakout team should come in about 7 or 8am. This helps cause sometimes it take forever to unload and all of your merchandise is in the back of the truck. it took me a while to overcome this.

I have my 1 8am sort and hang it all, then it's pushed as more support comes in... She does it every morning so she's mastered it and is super fast getting it completed. 😁

We have 2 team members sort it out slightly staggered with the truck coming in after an hour later then the unload start. Otherwise we wouldnt have enough room for all the repacks and boxes that come in on a normal truck. Old store with a small backroom in comparison to how busy the store has become

Back