Archived Sudden signing shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked my schedule for the week of 11/30, and that Sunday I'm scheduled from 6am-8am in 'signing'. I've never done signing before and did not know I'd be doing signing, and have no idea what signing entails (besides the obvious). By that day I'll be just past my 90 days (which is Black Friday, coincidentally) and I'm wondering if cashiers typically do signing? I'm scheduled for a cashier shift immediately after. I'd ask HR but they're typically not present on the weekends.

Based on the hours, 99% chance you're setting up ad signs. Easy stuff. Literally just putting up all the promotional signs with a start date of 11/30.

Last edited:
I've done it a few times. It was pretty boring, and each time I got the back of A block with toothpaste, razors, etc. so everyone would say how glad they were they didn't get it. It's pretty boring, but easy. Just checking signs for dates and pulling them down, then putting new ones up.

Your ad setup is 6am?

Lucky dog. Ours is 4.

But yeah, bring some music. Check for outdated signs, but not too hard, because Saturday closing should take care of that for you. Ad set is an easy shift to get, if you can handle getting up early.

What they said. Signing's pretty easy, you just have to pay a little attention to making sure you're putting up the signs in the right areas. That's mostly just checking DCPI's now and then though, and a bit of reading.

Hell on your fingers though, that's for sure.

Lol I'm a cart attendent/cashier and Im also scheduled that exact same day for signing from 4am to 8am.
It was so random, I saw it on the schedule today and literally blurted out "what the f*ck?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back