Archived Super nervous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I just got my conditional job offer today and took the drug test which i know i passed,
but I'm really nervous about the background check. I got DUI in 2011 and I'm afraid it's going to keep me from getting the cashier position. Does anyone know if that will affect their decision?? I've been looking into this all day. I really want this job.

Keeping my fingers crossed..

I dont think it would impact your employment, our store hired a person for logistics a few years back a person who was court ordered to not be allowed to work in mouthwash due to the alcohol in it, im assuming a DUI was the cause for the court order but have no way of knowing for sure. if you work in a store that sells beer/wine it may become an issue as a cashier but even if you have a court order to not handle that sort of thing it would be able to be handled the same way as a minor cashier

as long as you mentioned it on your application where it says

do you have a previous conviction

with a yes answer - you have done all you can. You will know within a week or so.

Thanks guys. I did out it on my application and told the manager when they offered me the position so I'm hoping that luck will be n my side. Until then, the waiting game... Sucks!

Eh you'll be just fine.

You'll be fine as long as you disclosed it properly beforehand. I do believe a DUI counts as a conviction since its not a petty misdemeanor traffic fine.

Target be extra shady wouldnt surprise me if it hired shady people :nah:

Target be extra shady wouldnt surprise me if it hired shady people :nah:

I don't think the OP was trying to be shady at all.

it was obviously a dig at target's business practices and treatment of employees....

LOL @ the people negging me on a target forum for speaking the truth though

Well you just called target TMs shady, so it's no wonder no one likes what you have to say, considering this is a forum for TEAM MEMBERS....

but i didnt call any TM shady i just said target was shady so thus i would not be surprised if the character/background of my fellow co-workers would be questionable
im not calling team members felons but if certain team members happened to be terminated for their actions would i be surprised? no..

You should be just fine. Typically the only thing that would preclude you from employment would be violent crimes or crimes in which theft/robber/burglary were involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back