Archived Super Target AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcardroy

ETL-AP
Hey guys so correct me if I'm wrong but in my time working as a TPS in a low volume store, I always felt like Supertargets always had more AP action than we did (apps, pmrs, etc.). I'm guessing that has a lot to do with just the sheer size of a Super Target? Can anyone speak on their experience working ap for a Super Target? How does it compare with a smaller store?

I was never AP, but I have seen our AP team shrink throughout the last 13 years. As a small store, we had 5 TPS and a ETL-AP, also one plain clothed AP who could do apprehensions with the ETL. We would see these on a weekly basis. Now I never see apprehensions. We don't have a plain clothed AP, only one TPS and our ETL-AP frequently has LOD duties. It's a joke, really. People defraud us all of the time. I am sure our theft is through the roof as well.

I did my training at a Super Target close to my home store - One ETL-AP and one Sr. TPS is all they had. Even then the TPS that trained me was competing for first place in the district in terms of number of PMRs, apps, etc. On the first week alone he had to have had at least two grand in recovered merch.

Wow, with theft trends like that, you'd have to wonder why they don't have the budget to hire more ap tm's.

Hey guys so correct me if I'm wrong but in my time working as a TPS in a low volume store, I always felt like Supertargets always had more AP action than we did (apps, pmrs, etc.). I'm guessing that has a lot to do with just the sheer size of a Super Target? Can anyone speak on their experience working ap for a Super Target? How does it compare with a smaller store?

You're right about the size/traffic making most of the difference. Super Targets have more traffic than lower volume stores, which means more people in the store, which means more incidents of theft. When I was at a Super Target I probably spent 99% of my time directly dealing with dishonest activity. At my current low volume store I still see my share of theft/fraud, but it doesn't take up all of my time. Not that I'd be able to deal with it anyway, not with all of the routines and processes they are piling on to AP's workload.

I think it also has a lot to do with your store is located; we're in a large city with a ton of larceny, so we have a huge amount of theft. I don't know the exact numbers but our AP had a lot of apps and recoveries last year.

It has nothing to do with whether it's a Supertarget or regular store. It has to do with store volume and theft volume. I work in an ultra low volume Supertarget. We have 40 hours of tps hours a week and an ETL-ap. that's it.

When it comes to theft it is all abot location. My store is on the border between the ghetto, and downtown. So our theft/ fraud rate is astronomical.

Agreed. Location has a lot to do with it. My store is near a major transportation hub, connected to a mall, and in a bad area. Cops seem to be there after all my shifts. There is also an off-duty officer roaming the front end pretty regularly.

I believe our AP team is 4 TPS, 1 APS, and an ETL-AP.

Agreed. Location has a lot to do with it. My store is near a major transportation hub, connected to a mall, and in a bad area. Cops seem to be there after all my shifts. There is also an off-duty officer roaming the front end pretty regularly.

I believe our AP team is 4 TPS, 1 APS, and an ETL-AP.

The 4 TPS, 1 APS, and an ETL-AP setup seems to be pretty routine for SuperTargets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back