Archived Supervisor dating team member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My former supervisor was 20 years old, when we brought in a new cashier who was 16, he apparently took an interest in her. They exchanged numbers, he took her on a date and afterwards, it appeared as though she got special treatment. She was well aware of the fact that supervisors could not date team members, so she took advantage of it knowing that she could go do whatever she asked to do, simply because he was concerned she would tell if he said no.
My former co-workers have now complained about it being a big issue because of her 'special treatment'. I was wondering what we could do about this, without anybody losing their job?

My former supervisor was 20 years old, when we brought in a new cashier who was 16, he apparently took an interest in her. They exchanged numbers, he took her on a date and afterwards, it appeared as though she got special treatment. She was well aware of the fact that supervisors could not date team members, so she took advantage of it knowing that she could go do whatever she asked to do, simply because he was concerned she would tell if he said no.
My former co-workers have now complained about it being a big issue because of her 'special treatment'. I was wondering what we could do about this, without anybody losing their job?

They can keep their relationship but one of them will have to transfer to another store.

Wow. He's dating a real gem. If she's willing to use him and box him into that sort of situation, she certainly isn't worth keeping.

Wow. He's dating a real gem. If she's willing to use him and box him into that sort of situation, she certainly isn't worth keeping.

Lol agreed, not to mention she would go around the store bragging to other team members how she was dating a supervisor. o_O
Wasn't really a smart thing to do!

One of our cart attendants had to change workcenters because his girlfriend was promoted to GSA.

Ummmm....in my state he'd be in BIG doo doo for dating a minor (can you say "jail bait"?) simply because she's still not a "consenting adult".

In my state, 16 is age of consent. *shrug*

Exactly what kind of supervisor are they? GSTL, GSA, ETL...

If they are ETL, they cannot date anyone from the same store. TLs can date TMs as long as they are not directly over them.

If, from it sounds like, a GSTL is dating a cashier....the GSTL will have to transfer. A 20yr old dating a 16yr old can be a little sketchy on just the social standpoint.

I think for GSAs, they still work the front but they cannot work the same shifts.

Exactly what kind of supervisor are they? GSTL, GSA, ETL...

If they are ETL, they cannot date anyone from the same store. TLs can date TMs as long as they are not directly over them.

If, from it sounds like, a GSTL is dating a cashier....the GSTL will have to transfer. A 20yr old dating a 16yr old can be a little sketchy on just the social standpoint.

I think for GSAs, they still work the front but they cannot work the same shifts.

Dont see how anyone almost 20 can date someone 16 but too each their own.

He's a GSA. I thought it was weird (not to mention illegal!). But I just hope it all clears up because the hold she had on him was just rude.

Gsa are exempt from having to transfer... granted an etl-hr can make exceptions if they want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back