Archived Surprise visits

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PMT almost gave me a heart attack when he came to me and told me he had caught the rat in Starbucks. My eyes widen so fast and he's like "April fools". I wanted to punch him haha
Threaten to stick his hand in the coffee grinder (set on French press, of course).

To OP: sounds like what happened at my store last year. Many DTL visits and in a few months the STL was gone. The nail in our STL's coffin was the results of the Best Team Survey, worst in the district by a long shot.

Funny when there's gonna be a walk... All the ETLs and TLs scramble with chaotic panic and expect the TMs to lighten the load by doing the dusting the clearing of stray carts and finding a hiding spot for it until the walk is over. If higher ups would pitch in with the daily shit like this wouldn't happen

Our DTL arrived the other day as a surprise visit and all of the higher-ups did their "stop everything and follow their path" thing and then she (apparently) goes "so who's been checking FFs? Because I placed one two hours ago and it's still not ready. And that's why I'm here, because you guys have one of the worst fulfillment metrics in the entire nation."

So now our FF iPad has a 30 minute timer on constant loop and we need to mute it and remind the LOD or backroom to check for any FFs in the PDA whenever it goes off. Hysterical. Embarrassing. Target.
That is awesome! There really isn't any reason to not keep an eye on that.

Our DTL drove to every store in the district one week last summer and she placed an SPU before heading to the next store. People caught on pretty quickly though and LODs from different stores started calling each other to give them a heads up and tell them the guest name on the SPU.

I now work for another retailer, and I see my DTL at least 4 times a week, and the regional 2 times a month. We normally see the Evp 3 or 4 times a year too.

I remember the dtl/gtl insanity, and it seems so strange to me now.

Our DTL makes weekly visits, it's not even special anymore. Apparently it's nothing bad since our leadership hasn't changed in awhile. Last week though, we had someone from the region and a corporate AP guy visit us.

Our DTL arrived the other day as a surprise visit and all of the higher-ups did their "stop everything and follow their path" thing and then she (apparently) goes "so who's been checking FFs? Because I placed one two hours ago and it's still not ready. And that's why I'm here, because you guys have one of the worst fulfillment metrics in the entire nation."

So now our FF iPad has a 30 minute timer on constant loop and we need to mute it and remind the LOD or backroom to check for any FFs in the PDA whenever it goes off. Hysterical. Embarrassing. Target.
Our FRO has to announce, "LOD, please check flex." every half hour on the walkie.

God I wish this crap was a thing. My store knows when we will get a visit because the entire district are on a group me messaging when she leaves their store and who she is heading to next along with any of the stuff she will be checking. So when she arrives we are always looking golden....yet every other day it's back to crap.

Funny when there's gonna be a walk... All the ETLs and TLs scramble with chaotic panic and expect the TMs to lighten the load by doing the dusting the clearing of stray carts and finding a hiding spot for it until the walk is over. If higher ups would pitch in with the daily shit like this wouldn't happen
Preach that. I am a tl but I do not run around my dtl doesn't know shit about Plano and I wish I could be on the walk to call her out on her stupidity. Instead she rattles of shit we "did wrong" the. I get an ear full and have to explain that everything she said is either irrelevant or incorrect.

Plus we have pretty much an entirely new ETL team so I dunno what's up.

Possibly checking up on the progress of the new team reversing whatever caused the old team to go. Orrrr they're prepping to replace the stl too.

Orrrr they're prepping to replace the stl too.

This could be what's happening. Before my old STL "left to pursue other opportunities" we were having a visit it seemed practically every day. DTL, HRBP, APBP, GVP, one time the RVP showed up. I actually mistook the group Sr. VP for a new TM because he was standing up front looking slightly confused so I said "Hi! I'm Name, are you with today's orientation?" "No, I'm actually the group Sr. VP." ".... .... .... I'll call the LOD." Proceeds to speedwalk away.

It could also be that the district is visiting to evaluate the cohesiveness of the overall new team and interactions amongst one another, as well as performance.

This could be what's happening. Before my old STL "left to pursue other opportunities" we were having a visit it seemed practically every day. DTL, HRBP, APBP, GVP, one time the RVP showed up. I actually mistook the group Sr. VP for a new TM because he was standing up front looking slightly confused so I said "Hi! I'm Name, are you with today's orientation?" "No, I'm actually the group Sr. VP." ".... .... .... I'll call the LOD." Proceeds to speedwalk away.

It could also be that the district is visiting to evaluate the cohesiveness of the overall new team and interactions amongst one another, as well as performance.
OMG! I would have died! Speed walk away, indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back