Archived "SW" Event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but it is supposed to be secret for a reason. Nobody except the STL and ETLs need to know details in advance. If you feel out of the loop, it's because you're not supposed to be in the loop.

Well if its secret, then they did a shitty job keeping the secret because all the boxes say "star wars event".

New brand launches have their codenames. Victoria Beckham was "projecy bee". They didnt even do that for this lmao

Well if its secret, then they did a shitty job keeping the secret because all the boxes say "star wars event".

New brand launches have their codenames. Victoria Beckham was "projecy bee". They didnt even do that for this lmao
They never do. And a case of toys always makes it to a shelf before the date...

I don't think that part was any secret. But I don't know anything about the launch or any events that TMs are getting scheduled for. I'm assuming there's more to it then just some new toys on the shelf.

It's technically on a Thursday that rolls into Friday. I don't know what time we're closing that Thursday but our team members that are working then are scheduled until 2am.
Regular store closing time. Not sure how it would work for those stores that close at midnight.

I'm scheduled until 2:30 am for the SW event. Excited to get a SW shirt. Anyone heard anything about getting extra pay like they do for Thanksgiving?

All I was told is "Hey you're opening to do crowd safety for a Star Wars release."

Still the only official info. I've been told! Lol

I'm scheduled until 2:30 am for the SW event. Excited to get a SW shirt. Anyone heard anything about getting extra pay like they do for Thanksgiving?
Probably not going to happen. Maybe get the shift diff, but I doubt it.

The redwire indicates that TMs will be paid the shift differentiaL, if it applies to the hours you work, but double check with your HR as ASANTS.

No offense, but it is supposed to be secret for a reason. Nobody except the STL and ETLs need to know details in advance. If you feel out of the loop, it's because you're not supposed to be in the loop.
I could argue a million fold, that the Signing TM should know the damn details, before even the ETLs. (We do, and arguably probably know more than the stores STL, I peeked, huge surprises are not something any Signing Guy/Gal wants).

I could argue a million fold, that the Signing TM should know the damn details, before even the ETLs. (We do, and arguably probably know more than the stores STL, I peeked, huge surprises are not something any Signing Guy/Gal wants).
Well as the signing TM you obviously should not be out of the loop, and you already know how to find what you need to know off of redwire and merch updates (or whatever it's called).

Well as the signing TM you obviously should not be out of the loop, and you already know how to find what you need to know off of redwire and merch updates (or whatever it's called).

Unfortunately for this event, there isn't any info. (if there is any info it is Super Vague, one stated Absolutely no Signing, next page literally says, It is Okay to do Backer Paper before the set. Wait what? Backer Paper is considered Signing (not specifically Signing TM, but whoever sets the POG),

The most important information for us is inside the box.

If your store is doing the midnight launch, you should have received or receive shortly a dedicated signing pallet just for star wars. I haven't seen backer paper, but the ad set does mention that POG team should set backer paper the day prior, so that it can begin being filled by 6pm Thursday. Not our signing TM as a disclaimer. I can't speak as to what the non midnight stores are getting.

Be prepared, there are two different Backer Papers you will receive. One is Red, other is White.

Why I have no idea (haven't had time with this softlines deal) if anyone else knows, spill the beans, and deny us the time of research.
#ILTBR.

Honestly, Signing TM's could use an entire forum for themselves.

I'm kind of bummed I don't work that day tbh. I asked my TL if he would save me a shirt, though.

My home store, where I still regularly speak to my Sr/ETL level peers, will be remaining open until 2 a.m. It's a 7 a.m. - midnight store on the regular.

My dad went to the one at Walmart, like waited outside before they opened and he said he was literally the only one there. He got like 6 figures and just got to casually stroll and look at everything. I'm wondering how busy it was at your guys' stores?

Not really that busy in our store.

The shirts for the event is the one that got a little ugly. A lot of TMs want one but we only got a few in and most went to Presentation TMs (who deserves it since they're the ones who set it). The remaining, well it turned to "why did s/he got one but i didn't" battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back