Archived Sweep Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survey Queen

Im every where
Im new to receiving today was my first sweep alone and well...I made a mistake when I entered in all of my stuff I forgot to add the bales of cardboard and its already been finalized.
Is there a way to fix it? or just my support it when the amount is over?

Any help would be appreciated, Im really trying my best but man I feel like I keep fn up lol

I've never worked sweeps, but I would imagine you could mySupport it and they could change the totals on the BOL. I've screwed up carton counts, and PRO #s on receipts and mySupport was always able to fix it.

Create a manual bol with the same seal and carrier info, add the bales to it and staple this to your sweep paperwork before you put it into the box.

Mysupport can fix this, but its time consuming and manual bols are far less intrusive.

Sorry I was slow to reply on this, it's actually very simple. If the sweep trailer hasn't been picked up yet you just grab the BOL you printed and write in new totals next to the items you're updating, then initial nearby. These instructions are straight from my DC, and I do this all the time when I have a sealed sweep and we need to make a bale. Am I sitting on a bale 'til next sweep? Nope, I'm cutting the seal, adding another bale, re-sealing, and writing in the new totals, new seal number, and initialing by them all.

If, on the other hand, the sweep has already been picked up and the BOL has been taken, you forget about it and move on. Worst case you get a bad review on your sweep, you trust in your ETL and STL to look after you. Our sweeps get downright ugly sometimes and all I can do is guess-timate what might or might not be on them, my STL says "That DC sent us a shitty truck, don't you worry about that sweep, just get as much shit as you can out of this store." Yes, that's how the STL talks, and I listen.

Also, @Survey Queen - Don't stress! I love working Receiving, it's a pretty cool job that comes with a good amount of responsibility, but remember that you're like two steps above a cashier. Sweep doesn't get loaded right, vendor has an issue, whatever, it really isn't your problem. Your job is to stand by the back door and scan things, if anything goes wrong just point to the nearest leader. If you don't have a trainer or anyone in your district to answer questions this forum is a good place to post, I notice most receiving questions wind up on the "I'm Lost" forum and I do my best to check once a week or so and answer, plus we have lots of other good sources here @sigma7 @PureZero and more.

Also, @Survey Queen - Don't stress! I love working Receiving, it's a pretty cool job that comes with a good amount of responsibility, but remember that you're like two steps above a cashier. Sweep doesn't get loaded right, vendor has an issue, whatever, it really isn't your problem. Your job is to stand by the back door and scan things, if anything goes wrong just point to the nearest leader. If you don't have a trainer or anyone in your district to answer questions this forum is a good place to post, I notice most receiving questions wind up on the "I'm Lost" forum and I do my best to check once a week or so and answer, plus we have lots of other good sources here @sigma7 @PureZero and more.

Thank you so much! I do have a trainer but he has been doing it soooo long it is like seond nature to him and, he has one foot out of the door so he really could give a hoot about making sure Im properly trained lol

It is strange that there really isnt anyone aside from him that knows the ins and outs and as far as spot sees it I have had my training time. Its kinda a sink or swim situation lol.

I did shrugg off my mistake and tried to my best ability to fix it and brought it to LOG ETLs attention not much I can do aside from that!

So far I really like recieving! I just have to not sweat the small stuff.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back