Answered Switching departments?

I got hired to work General Merchandise starting at 4am a couple months back. I, however, hate the job. It's hard on my sleep schedule since I am not a morning person and pushing boxes around all day has me constantly sore. I also just dislike how unorganized the leadership at my store is. My training was essentially non-existent (They basically just gave me a radio and a zebra and told me to get out there) and sometimes I have no idea what to do. I am on the verge of submitting my two weeks notice. Stocking shelves itself isn't too bad, but I would like it if I could take on a later shift. Even a 6am shift would be a lot better.

I don't see too many positions open for my store currently except GM and Guest Advocate (Funny enough I applied for Guest Advocate and they offered me GM). I am going back to university in August (Part time but they don't need to know that) so could I use that as leverage and say because of my schedule I need to work a different time?

Spot will generally allow you to change your availability to align with your school schedule, but be advised that they will likely ask for a copy of that school schedule for verification. As far as your unorganized leadership, lack of training, and “throw you to the wolves” mentality, that’s often Spot in a nutshell. Good luck!

Spot will generally allow you to change your availability to align with your school schedule, but be advised that they will likely ask for a copy of that school schedule for verification. As far as your unorganized leadership, lack of training, and “throw you to the wolves” mentality, that’s often Spot in a nutshell. Good luck!
That sucks! I’m currently a new employee and I hate that! My current job at Home Depot is way better at training their employees. It’s a good thing I haven’t quit, I am definitely going to leave target soon. It’s not their business to know if you’re telling the truth about the school schedule. Everyone has personal reasons why they can’t work certain hours or days.

Back