Archived Switching From Mobile to Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target Mobile isn't quite what I was expecting and was wondering what would be necessary to work for Target themselves. MarketSource unfortunately doesn't list on their website or in the OneSource training what the policy is if I were to quit or hypothetically be fired.

Could anyone offer any information or assistance? I was hoping for an answer tonight but can just call them myself tomorrow and ask them.

From what the mobile guys tell me at my store, their raises are much better compared to Target.

Target Mobile isn't quite what I was expecting and was wondering what would be necessary to work for Target themselves. MarketSource unfortunately doesn't list on their website or in the OneSource training what the policy is if I were to quit or hypothetically be fired.

Could anyone offer any information or assistance? I was hoping for an answer tonight but can just call them myself tomorrow and ask them.

I think there is a no compete agreement that at least works for Target TMs trying to work for MarketSource... I don't know about the other way around.

Mobile is a much better gig money-wise, so definitely consider what you want out of your job before you decide to leave mobile.

hey current mobile DM here, honestly the vast majority of mobile managers don't mind if a TM finds that the job isnt for them and switches to Target, but you really want to and not burn any bridges, openly communicate with both your DM and the ETLHR to ensure that your DM isn't going to complain to leadership about the change. Very recently in a bigger district with multiple EE stores, a STL actually got fired for recruiting mobile TM's (not even team leaders)

Has to be a 6-month lapse between the two...at least from Target to MS.

yep that applies the other way around as well, the only time I've seen the switch work without a 6-month lapse is if the ETLHR/HRBP/STL as well as DM/RD agree that the change is in Target's best interests and no hard feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back