Archived Switching position after first day of training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my first day of training for this special overnight position they had which was seasonal. The job didnt seem to bother me, but, I can tell that working 10-2:30am will.. esp doing back to back days. I wanted to call HR and see if since its so early in my training if they could let me do backroom but just switch me to normal biz hours.. do you think they would do this or am i now stuck either doing this job i started or having to quit?

Also, wanted to make a mention that i told them that i could only work 3 days a week and they have me down for 5 days next week.. what do i do about that?

I had my first day of training for this special overnight position they had which was seasonal. The job didnt seem to bother me, but, I can tell that working 10-2:30am will.. esp doing back to back days. I wanted to call HR and see if since its so early in my training if they could let me do backroom but just switch me to normal biz hours.. do you think they would do this or am i now stuck either doing this job i started or having to quit?

Also, wanted to make a mention that i told them that i could only work 3 days a week and they have me down for 5 days next week.. what do i do about that?
There is no backroom

Why do you already think it’s not going to work out after 1 shift

Are you part of a remodel team? If so, I doubt they’ll accommodate/want to switch you.

I guess the part I don’t understand is why you would apply for a job that works overnight hours if you didn’t want to work overnight hours
Good point, probably just a moment of realization a bit too late by OP after they realized it might not be what they wanted

Reactions: Dog
Personally, if I'm this far along in the hiring process, I would want to at least give it a try.

Always, of course, if you find it's not what you were looking for but don't want to quit the job out-right, it's great to talk to someone in HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back