Archived Taking Guest Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have been working at Target for a few months now...I have spent the majority of my time in the backroom. Recently I have been trained for Instocks, and am on the sales floor quite often (obviously).
The problem is that I was never really 'properly' trained for sales floor or hardlines, and all I would like to know is how to answer the red phones when a guest calls for a department. Say the call is for 'Automotive on 35.'
How do I answer the phone, and how do I put the guest back on hold if I need to check for an item?

Thank you endlessly if you can help me out. I never get a chance to ask anyone and I figured this was as good a place as any to figure out such a minimal issue. :good:

"XXX on 35"
Pick up the nearest red phone, dial 35 & say "This is XX, CIHYFS?"
If you need to put them on hold, click the receiver button briefly (you should hear a beep-beep-beep) & dial the number you're putting them on hold with (say, back on 35) then hang up the phone. To retreive the call, repeat the first line.
If you dial a number & it gives you a busy signal, that line is already in use. Click briefly to bring the call back (verify the guest is still there) then try again with a different line.

At my store with the red phones you must pick up and dial #3235, it won't work without the Pound sign. Just in case your system works that way.

At my store with the red phones you must pick up and dial #3235, it won't work without the Pound sign. Just in case your system works that way.

There's 2 different phone systems - one is a 2-digit park & pick-up & the other (yours) uses a # 4-digit system.

Ugh, I wish my system were that simple. Our red phones we have to pick it up, and dial #2280 when we hear the automated voice start talking. Plus as far as I know we can't place calls on hold with our red phones so we have to prop them on the trash can hole. Nor can we dial to other stores on our red phones, so if I am in Hardlines and I need to check another store, I have to go clear back to Electronics.

You should be able to park the calls on the phones that use the #xxxx system. There is a phone use sticker that should be on the inside door of all phone stations. It shows you how to park a call and how to answer a call. You can order them off TIPP. They are great especially for newer team members. If you need an outside line to call another store, just dial the operator and ask for an outside line, they can hook you up.

Ours used to be that way until TMs would use them for personal calls - less suspicious than cell phones because it looks like you're taking a guest call. Now, only certain phones can dial out - TSC, photo lab, service desk, etc.

You should be able to park the calls on the phones that use the #xxxx system. There is a phone use sticker that should be on the inside door of all phone stations. It shows you how to park a call and how to answer a call. You can order them off TIPP. They are great especially for newer team members. If you need an outside line to call another store, just dial the operator and ask for an outside line, they can hook you up.
hey if you can get a TIPP# for that booklet...that would be awesome...I want to learn how to park a call on a #**** phone system using the red phones

SrTLBOB;19260I want to learn how to park a call on a #**** phone system using the red phones[/QUOTE said:
I know at our store your just tap the switch hook, listen for the beep beep beep, then dial 21 then the line you want to park it on followed by a #. If it beep beep beeps again, it worked. Otherwise you have to press the switch hook, confirm that the guest is back, and try again. Our operators always like when we let them know what line we park the call on. "Operator, I put the Domestics call back on 85"

We have the signs and they were a life saver when I first started answering calls by myself.

Open the panel in the spill station, gives you directions/functions on how to use the red phones. On the operator's phone, there is a training guide on workbench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back