Archived Taking over entire sales floor (both hardlines & softlines)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all leaders

I was just told this week that our hardlines team lead is moving to the PPTL position just before Christmas and that would leave to run the entire sales floor (both softlines & hardlines).

Anyone else in ULV store run the entire and if so any advice?

Hey all leaders

I was just told this week that our hardlines team lead is moving to the PPTL position just before Christmas and that would leave to run the entire sales floor (both softlines & hardlines).

Anyone else in ULV store run the entire and if so any advice?
Ick. I am LV and have one useless SLTL and a dolt of a HLTL. But I bet one competent person could run both at about the same level. DO you have a VML to pitch in?

Just now? My store has been this way since AE 14. It's a little rough, but manageable.

That's intense. What kind of sales determine a ULV?
  • AAA+ $85M and above
  • AAA $77.3 - $85
  • AA+ $69.5 - $77.3
  • AA $60.5 - $69.5
  • A+ $51.5 - $60.5
  • A $42 - $51.5
  • B $32.5 - $42
  • C $23m - $32.5M
  • D $23m or less
ULV is an acronym meaning ultra-low volume and is typically used in reference to D and C volume stores.

• AAA+ $85M and above
  • AAA $77.3 - $85
  • AA+ $69.5 - $77.3
  • AA $60.5 - $69.5
  • A+ $51.5 - $60.5
  • A $42 - $51.5
  • B $32.5 - $42
  • C $23m - $32.5M
  • D $23m or less
ULV is an acronym meaning ultra-low volume and is typically used in reference to D and C volume stores.
Thanks! My stores A volume.

Ick. I am LV and have one useless SLTL and a dolt of a HLTL. But I bet one competent person could run both at about the same level. DO you have a VML to pitch in?
Nope, only a few team members and maybe an ETL once in a great while.

They are supposed to send to another store in our district that is running on only 1 sales floor team lead to what the team lead's routine are like. Just wished there was a store like ours that is attached to a mall, as we get lots of looky loos (look, but never buy much) and the all kids that are dropped off anytime they have a day off from school.

Last edited:
Do you have a good team in place?

If so, it's doable in an ULV. If not, all of your efforts should go towards obtaining a good team by developing potential top performers and/or performancing out bottom performers.

My store has 3 Sr TL, 3 ETLs and 0 regular team leads unless you count APTL. ULV store. Try working in this environment LOL

How many openings are there? 3 ETLs makes sense (HR, GE/sales floor, logistics), but I don't see how a store can function with fewer than 4 non-AP (Sr)TLs. You'd need at least a GSTL, sales floor TL, replenishment TL (flow, backroom, instocks), and pricing/presentation TL.

Hers the solution: train your team members to be as good as you with signing, presentation, service and driving sales. This will reduce your workload as you will be able to empower other team members to set encaps, ptm, and be captains of departments as well as metrics. Plus it's fun to have a goal to drive for. You really will have to set the standard. You can't add workload outside of their position, but you can use their core roles and personally give them goals as a leader to give them specific responsibilities which will make them feel more valued at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back