Archived Taking shifts outside of your normal scheduled positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTGOz

Suitable
I missed yesterday and am a little desperate to make it up despite it would be going on my NEXT paycheck. I wanna broaden my horizons a little and I noticed a Hardlines shift, Dairy, and a Frozen shift open that's all been left untouched for a few days.

I've been here for 7, almost 8 months and I'd probably need to be trained on what to do in Dairy and Frozen... although I'm pretty sure it's just Freight, just checking expiration dates and stocking according to First in First Out(No idea if that's a thing here at Target, just stock the newer stuff behind the older stuff.) and it's cold.

If I can't do any of those for whatever reason, there's a cashier who's submitted like a whole week's worth of shifts to take over so maybe I'd just look into that.

@TTGOz no reason not to try. Its up to the TL of that area and HR or ETL but if its just stocking freight than I dont see why not.

I've only been officially cross trained for GS, but I've taken shifts as a Cashier and Hardlines. I guess it just depends on how your store does things.

always hours in pfresh, pushing FDC / C&S truck, we have a truck 4 days a week at my store and most (about 4 TM's) get about 5.5 hrs each day, that would be 22 hours right there. 1 or 2 get another 5.5 doing mcclean candy on the other days. so they will be getting about 27.5 hours per week for now.

Never hurts to try. The worse they can say is no. A few months ago a salesfloor tm picked up a backroom day shift...he showed up to pull the 1 pm cafs...we all said what are you doing here. He told us he had picked up a shift...and that our srtl log had approved it . He then said ...can someone show me how to pull. The lod was not happy. Rumor has it the next day the etl log and srtl log had a nice long talk in the office.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back