Archived Taking stuff home

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguyattarget

SFS/OPU Master
I've now taken home 2 box-cutters accidentally. I just leave them in my pocket and I forget. Anyone else do that?

I've taken a walkie clip home, and many box cutters. I stopped using spot's cutters and started using my own.

Just don't take any displays, product, equipment, money, or guest coupons and you'll be golden.

This didn't happen at Target, but I think the worst thing I ever accidentally took home from a job was someone else's pay check. I had a co-woker with a similarly long, complicated, European (trying to be vague here!) last name. Our names even started with the same letters, and we both made about the same amount of money. So when I picked up my paycheck, I was given the wrong one. And me, just glancing over it, thought it was mine too. I deposited it and everything. About a month later, there was a mysterious amount of money just taken out of my checking account. I went to the bank and talked back and fourth between the lady and people on the phone, before I finally figured out what happened. Pretty embarrassing.

I've taken a walkie home once along with several other times where I made it to the door or to my car and had to run back in.

The funniest though is when I had the cordless phone for the fitting room in my back pocket and somehow didn't notice it until I got home.

I took home my TL's personal crown key before. I returned to the store a couple hours after my shift and gave it to the LOD.

I'd muscled my way thru afternoon traffic to get home only to hear walkie voices coming from my hip as I pulled into the driveway.
Since I was off the next couple days, I had to fight my way back to the store.

That's weird. At our store, they give you a box cutter to keep when you start.

I've accidentally taken home a MyDevice holster.

I've taken my walkie home once or twice, and once the TPS S3 keys. Luckily when I took the s3 key home it was a closing shift and I was the first ap in the next morning at 10, so it wasn't missed.

Last edited:
I have taken a walkie home several times, and I still have a MyDevice holster sitting in my purse and a boxcutter lying around somewhere. I don't care enough to give them back. I keep thinking of that time one of the ETL's was bitching about the MyDevice holsters and how they are "30 dollars a piece" ...so I kind of silently chuckle every time I see it sitting there in my purse.

I know, I'm petty.

I've taken walkies and Jewelry keys home on multiple locations.

I would wind up with pockets full of screws, pins and assorted fasteners.
I still occasionally find the damn things in old boxes.

When we sent our LPDAs away for the last time I "appropriated" several of their holsters and fashioned them into a holder for small things when I work plano shifts. I took a card box (specifically an Ultra Pro deck box) and put it in the holster and BAM! storage box!

Oh, and I've borrowed plenty of box knifes...
t2GyTkX.jpg

I have one of the display bins from the holiday tables (the round clear plastic ones) on a table in my trailer just for catching random bits. I've been collecting empty little zip top bags to label each leftover setup where the hex key, etc aren't universal.

Never taken home a wake or pda but I have a collection of box cutters.

I actually will never return the box cutters. I even gave one to my wife because you never know when someone might try to attack you...that's my logic on why I will never give them back. I need a weapon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back