Archived Talking to coworkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much depends on the person. We have TMs who can't seem to move their hands & feet and their mouths at the same time - when they're talking, they're not working. And there are others who can manage to talk and work at the same time, plus keep an eye open for guests too.

Morale would drop dramatically if people at my store stopped talking to each other.

Although... some folks talk too much, are too loud, and have no filter whatsoever...

Morale would drop dramatically if people at my store stopped talking to each other.

Although... some folks talk too much, are too loud, and have no filter whatsoever...

Yes, my store was like a sorority house Saturday morning. Who went out drinking with who, how much they drank, how hung over they still were...

I am sure our guests loved hearing all of that. I know sure did!

When I say "Good morning, how are you?" All of that is TMI. Just lie and say you're fine!

Now if you want share about your family, boyfriend, go for it.

Yes, my store was like a sorority house Saturday morning. Who went out drinking with who, how much they drank, how hung over they still were...

When I say "Good morning, how are you?" All of that is TMI. Just lie and say you're fine!

I just wish people used some discretion with what they said either aloud or in hushed voices. I make a point to avoid and ignore the bad apples who simply won’t shut up.
I don’t trust too many people to say the least, as some people simply can’t help themselves but to spread gossip, even if it isn’t even true.

It is helpful to know that the worst people at my store are often the loudest.

Now if you want share about your family, boyfriend, go for it.

And that's just the ETLs

My goal is to make every TM I meet laugh or at least smile every time I pass them.

Well, maybe almost every time...

Ya'll should see my clown suit!

Reactions: Dog
I think it’s a fine line but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having a little chat as long as things are still getting done (as others have said).

Chatting with my coworkers and getting to know them is important to me! Sometimes we talk about work, sometimes about personal life, and I think that both are important when getting to know someone. Plus, it makes the day more bearable when we can have fun and share a few laughs. I know we’re getting paid and all and that the goal is ultimately to provide the best experience for the guest, so I would never ignore one to continue chatting. However, I think it makes us all seem a little happier when we can talk to each other and I’m sure the guests appreciate it when we’re not miserable :)

I can hook you up with some new material for your desktop.

My countenance is viewed pleasurably with or without a beverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back