Archived Target and crappy wifi/network

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of internet do you noemally see? I hear they use DSL basically daisy chained to cover multiple stores in some areas. Does yours suck 24/7 like it does here?

It says something that I actually used to revert to 3g just to have usable internet. Mostly LTE available though now thankfully.

Yeah I have burned an entire charge trying to connect and get an app to load while shopping.

The MyDevices pretty much stop connecting in the afternoon. So good luck if you are stuck with one.

They cut corners on the networking contractors then decided it would be a good idea to change the devices in our store to use it. MyDevices are useless about 30% of the time due to losing connection, and the registry iPads are reliably not working either. Not to mention when I connect my phone to Target Guest Wifi, nothing works. I did a speed test on the WiFi and got about 0.16 mbps download rate. I know this varies based on usage but it's still awful.

Not nearly as bad in my store (thankfully). I never use guest wifi because I have unlimited LTE. The iPods and PDAs are working as intended, the iPods log out every 15 minutes vs the PDAs that take 2 hours to log out of redwire. So it's reversed from when PDAs would log out every 5 minutes lol.

Ours is horrible! We have to constantly keep logging into the mydevices, sometimes every 10 or so minutes. The printers also lose signal a couple times a day. Lets not forget cartwheel is always crashing and/or wont connect because of the horrible wifi

It gets embarrassing when I have to say to the guest the new equipment isnt working like it should...Its bad when you cant even do a basic search, or use NOP because the network is saturated, or just plain crappy.

Fuck Wi-Fi, I'll stick with the 3G. Cosmetics is right near the doors, it's fine for me

it blocks amazon so super pissed guests,and it takes at least 5 minutes to get to target.com . needless to say i use my 4g at work.
Thank you for the Amazon block confirmation; had to quickly see if I could price-match a lightning deal, and luckily the phone managed to eek out a 1x signal to bring up the price, just in time. This particular store has real bad cellular coverage in all parts of the building...

it blocks amazon so super pissed guests,and it takes at least 5 minutes to get to target.com . needless to say i use my 4g at work.
Thank you for the Amazon block confirmation; had to quickly see if I could price-match a lightning deal, and luckily the phone managed to eek out a 1x signal to bring up the price, just in time. This particular store has real bad cellular coverage in all parts of the building...
at my store ironically electronics is the worst of the dead zones.

No problems in my store. Drains my iPhone 4s if I don't turn off the wifi signal.

Both tcwireless and the PDA network are terrible at my store, I was in the center of the store and I got booted from tcwireless, and likewise I was standing right under one of those round PDA network router things and it disconnects.

Both tcwireless and the PDA network are terrible at my store, I was in the center of the store and I got booted from tcwireless, and likewise I was standing right under one of those round PDA network router things and it disconnects.
I thought the PDAs run off the same 802.11 wifi that the iPods and portable printers run off. They just put out multiple networks (one for PDAs/iPods/printers, another for guests, etc). If you're having issues with the wifi it's probably best to submit a work order to the SFT to add more routers.

I thought the PDAs run off the same 802.11 wifi that the iPods and portable printers run off. They just put out multiple networks (one for PDAs/iPods/printers, another for guests, etc). If you're having issues with the wifi it's probably best to submit a work order to the SFT to add more routers.
That requires access to mySupport, perhaps I'll bug an ETL about it.

They will just laugh at you for submitting a request like that. I've tested the wireline network, it is very limited on bandwidth. I have a faster connection at home in the country. 3mbps to cover computer to computer transfer, PDA to system transfers, as well as 100s of cellphones/computers bogging the network down. The real answer is to run fiber to these targets. And have target redo the whole setup. Have separate routers for guest, and employees. As well as densify the network itself so no one router gets overloaded.

TCWireless has been down in our store since Friday night. Manual FFs for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back