Archived Target announces hiring event for holiday help

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. - Target is staging a two-day hiring event in hopes of filling thousands of seasonal positions across the Twin Cities.

The event, set for October 8 and 9, will take place at all 54 metro-area target stores. Applicants are encouraged to apply in advance online, but they can also fill out applications at the store. Store leaders will spend the two-day hiring blitz conducting on-site interviews with hundreds of job seekers.

Target previously announced that the Minnesota-based retailer expects to hire 70,000 seasonal workers nationwide to bolster staff for the rapidly approaching holiday shopping season.

We had a hiring event at my store the 1st weekend of September and 4 people were hired, that was so sad.
I don't think our store will even make a dent in that 70,000 seasonal workers nationwide.
But we will still do 200+K per day during the holidays.

I guess it could work up there where Target is pretty popular. Our store is struggling as always to hire TMs.

They put up a massive "now hiring" banner on the outside of the building last fall (bigger than the Target sign)...and it's still there, over a year later.

My store is ULV and we were told they're hiring 50 seasonal employees. I thought that seemed super high. Last year we hired maybe 20.

I guess it could work up there where Target is pretty popular. Our store is struggling as always to hire TMs.

They put up a massive "now hiring" banner on the outside of the building last fall (bigger than the Target sign)...and it's still there, over a year later.

Yeah...we have to have that stupid sign by each entrance, and half the time we aren't hiring. "But the sign says you're hiring!" Yeah, well, we aren't, most of the time. Go away.

My favorite was when the new sign went up the week after we did the seasonal layoffs. Luckily our hrtm saw it and made signing take it down and had her order new ones when we actually did start hiring (temporarily).

We are slated to hire about 25 seasonal people. We struggled last year to find good ones...we're pretty picky. I'm curious to see what this year brings.

My store hires year round. During the summer we were even putting flyers in the guests bags at check out. One mom was apparently trying to find her college age child a job and asked if there were any special skills that were needed, and I told her that the kid just needed to be breathing,

My store hires year round. During the summer we were even putting flyers in the guests bags at check out. One mom was apparently trying to find her college age child a job and asked if there were any special skills that were needed, and I told her that the kid just needed to be breathing,
My standard reply is "can they count to ten ? And spell their name?"

It's been getting more and more difficult to hire new TM's. Not sure if it's because more people are employed, or if the general public has a better idea of what it's like working at Target.

DC has already started a hiring boom bigger than anything than I've ever seen, and that's just full-timers. Haven't even begun to take in seasonals. From what I've heard my DC's supposed productions plans are going to be this Q4, this is going to be the busiest Q4 in company history. By a lot.

Just hired 10 cashiers to fill all the regular positions now gotta hire 10 more for seasonal it sucks with the new interview process

I'm getting prepared to have interviews coming out of my ass. I wasn't a TL last holiday season so this should be fun considering I will have a newborn in about 7 weeks and will be running on no sleep by the time black Friday comes. Bring it on.

Lessthan a month into HR and I already have a list of types of applicants that makes you say "are they for real?". Many people either don't give a chip about getting hired or they just have no clue how retarded and hopeless they sound

The bar has been going lower each year.
My fav is the seasonal hire that wants to take off around Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year's & is shocked! SHOCKED, I tell you, that they're expected to work right thru.

Lessthan a month into HR and I already have a list of types of applicants that makes you say "are they for real?". Many people either don't give a chip about getting hired or they just have no clue how retarded and hopeless they sound

You work in HR? Huh. Your use of the word "retarded" is offensive. You might want to check yourself.

You work in HR? Huh. Your use of the word "retarded" is offensive. You might want to check yourself.

4LEyfZG.jpg

We just had a mass hire and my brtl said his hours were cut in half. I've been getting lots of days off and it's pretty much the same all over the store. He once told me Target wants 7 people working for 4 instead of 3 working for 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back